Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wednesday Thoughts

I think I will make today a traditional Wednesday Thoughts and just tell you all the random things that are on my mind today. Sound good?

First of all, thanks for the tips on sleeping. I think I'll try crossword puzzles, as a few of you suggested. If you get a text from me at midnight asking for a five letter word beginning with "z" and ending with "q," it's your own fault. But I am going to give it a try. I'd rather do crossword puzzles than resort to taking a sleeping pill with all the crazy side effects that were so popular a few years ago. I'm not really in the mood to stab anyone or drive in my sleep.



(Later in this episode, Homer starts doing super crazy things because of Nappien. Things I don't want to do. And yes, I do take all my medical advice from the Simpsons. Which is why I also stay away from a drink called the Flaming Moe.)

In other thoughts, I'm going to visit my grandma tonight. Whenever I visit her she asks me to help her with some small task around her place, which I am usually happy to do. A couple weeks ago we cleaned off her kitchen counter, which was getting cluttered with boxes of crackers and cookies. She made me taste test a cookie or cracker from each and every box to see if they were stale or not. They were. Hopefully there will be no tasting today.

Speaking of tasting, for lunch today I'm having a salad, but do you know what I want? A huge bakery cookie with a mug of hot chocolate. Doesn't that sound cozy?

Anyway, enough about me. What are you up to today?

Happy Wednesday.

8 comments:

Katherine said...

WOAH! That's a FANCY comment comment! I think I WILL leave a comment, then. ;)

Today for me is ArtPrize-tastic. Already I've gone and checked on my paintings and picked up my artist name tag and swag bag! (Rhyme!) This evening I'll be going to a number of opening night receptions and checking things out. What I'd rather do is curl up with a big cookie, some hot chocolate, a good book, and a comfy chair, but alas, it was not meant to be!

In other news, I had to go renew my license plate and was at the Secretary of State's office for approximately 7 minutes. SEVEN MINUTES! In, waited, and done, in 7 minutes!!! I must've set some kind of record! I brought all this stuff with me to keep me occupied while I waited for the usual excruciating length of time, and then my number was the first to be called! It was a little unsettling.

Mark said...

Today I taught class (a review for a test), and am "working" at my day job.

Tonight I'll attend opening exercises for the youth at church. I'm not so keen on their activity - making banana splits where the choice of toppings depends on how many articles of faith each teenager has memorized. As someone who's never been good at rote memorization, I feel bad for the kid who will end up with just a scoop of ice cream and half a banana in his bowl. I hope he gets a spooon.

So instead, I'm going over to a friend's house to shoot pool and teach his 3 little girls inappropriate word usage.

Dr. J said...

I need some nappien!!

SAC said...

Hmm. What have I done today? I made myself some toaster waffles for breakfast this morning, which are faster but soooo don't come close to fresh from scratch ones. Though if I ever get those its because I have guests over and cook for them. I don't cook good things for myself. Sad.
A mostly boring day at work ensued, though with a brief moment of terror when I woke up in my car from my lunchtime nap and thought I'd overslept almost an hour! Noooo!( They deduct moolah from paycheck for every minute over an hour on your lunch break). Luckily I was just confused(big surprise there huh?)
I did enjoy some homemade strawberry smoothie and stolen lasagne(sorry Patrick) for dinner before I made myself go to cookie and game night in the effort to not be such a recluse. Uncertainty exists on how successful I was.
Ps. I've sucked at almost every crossword I've ever done. I'm better at sudoku.

Ben said...

I've been researching how to get rid of my gut because I'm so fed up with it being so huge. I came across this video tutorial on a healthy meal to make and in the tutorial he farts. http://youtu.be/PaxZYdzaB1E
I'm baffled as to why he wouldn't edit it out seeing as how the whole video is edited. Yes, farts get my attention more than health tips.

Eric said...

my favorite moment from this blog post was this quote here "She made me taste test a cookie or cracker from each and every box to see if they were stale or not. They were."

Because most of you probably figured that the cookies or crackers were stale, but for me I figured all of the cookies and crackers were stale or not.... now I'm not going to be able to sleep. were they stale? or were they not? and why? I love this blog.

Elizabeth Downie said...

They were all stale, Eric! haha! Now you can sleep. :)

Liz Hughes said...

Actually a salad sounds really good right now.
The video no longer works. :( stupid copyright laws.