Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

What I'm listening to


Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem
Well, it's 10:20 and I haven't blogged yet today! I've had a busy and super fun day today but instead of telling you about it right now, I want to tell you about some of the music I've been listening to lately!

Music, like I was saying the other day, colors my experiences so I like to share it from time to time. So without further ado, these are the songs that are currently in heavy rotation on my iPod:

Ice Cream by Sarah Mclachlan. Oh, you forgot about this song? Yeah, me too! Until I remembered it! And now I can't stop listening to it. So good.

Pumped up Kicks by Foster the People. I liked this song more before I looked up the lyrics. I still love it, I just try not to think too hard about it. Super catchy. I dare you not to bounce a little  bit when you're listening to it. Can't be done (medically speaking).

The soundtrack to Fiddler On the Roof. Yeah, I didn't say there was any rhyme or reason to what I'm listening to. (Favorites: Sabbath Prayer, Tradition, To Life, and If I Were a Rich Man)

Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. Um, that's a really stupid band name. Kinda reminds me of Animal's band, Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem, except that Animal's band name is only the coolest band name ever! But I digress. Home is a really good song. My only complaint is the talking near the end because I hate when songs have talking in them. It makes me uncomfortable. Still, good song, if you don't mind fast forwarding through talking.

Changes by Tupac. Oh my gosh, I sound like such a poser putting this on here. Like I'm trying earn street cred or something! K, I promise I'm not trying to sound gangsta, I just love this song.

Hands in Pockets by Laura Gibson. Calming and soothing. Lovely. I think you'd like it.

Find the River by REM.  If you only listen to one REM song this year, make it this one. The lyrics don't really make a lot of sense, but they also kind of do. They're like word jumbles, but in the end you think you maybe know what he means by them. This paragraph is a word jumble now that I think about it.

So there you have it, the songs I'm listening to the most right now. I love them all. What are you listening to?

5 comments:

Katherine said...

Can you imagine limiting yourself to only one REM song per year?! That'd be rough. Animals' band name really is the best!! I think the song I've listened to the most lately is Keep Your Head Up by Andy Grammer (thanks for the recommendation!) - it keeps me going!! Other than that I mostly listen to various playlists on my iPod that range from NKOTB to Kings of Leon to Silly Fools (a Thai rock back I really like). I've also been listening to some Agatha Christie audiobooks, and those have been quite enjoyable! :D

Ben said...

I've had "Changes" stuck in my head all afternoon today, and here you are talking about it on your blog! Coincidence? I think not.

Savd said...

On repeat in iTunes right now, "Don't Feel Like Cryin'" by Abra Moore. Her voice just makes me happy! :)

k nelle said...

Oh! I LOVE Home and Pumped up Kicks! I would also highly recommend Replaceable (My Dear Disco), Skinny Love or RE:Stacks (Bon Iver), Kick Drum Heart (Avett Brothers), Like U Crazy (Mates of State), Breakin' Up (Rilo Kiley)...need I go on?

Liz Hughes said...

I think you might actually be too white to say 'gangsta'
Sarah McLachlen; did you ever see the episode of Portlandia where Aimee Mann is the house cleaner and Fred and Carrie make a piñata of Sarah and say they hate her.