Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Buckling Down

Raising Hope, Tuesdays 9:30
prerequisite: season one
Although fall is a truly magical and wonderful season, there's something about it that makes me resist its advent. Maybe it's because winter comes next and I dread winter. Or maybe it's just because I don't want summer to end because summer is so amazing. Maybe it's because fall is the most nostalgic time of year. Or maybe it's because since childhood fall seems to send the message, "summer was fun, but now it's time to get back to work."

I'm not in school anymore but I still feel that message loudly. It's time to slow down, time to focus, time to study. I do have a pretty heavy schedule this fall, I have to admit. And it's going to keep me inside many evenings, working to keep up. I may even have to cancel some social plans. It's not going to be easy, but I can't let myself fall behind.

So far my schedule looks like this:

Monday: How I Met Your Mother 8:00
Tuesday: Raising Hope 9:30
Wednesday: Modern Family 9:00
Psych 10:00
Thursday: Parks and Rec and whatever else NBC feeds me that night

And here's the scary thing: I don't have a dvr! But I do have the internet, so I guess if I decide to have a social life, I could always catch up later. But still. Then you have to worry about spoilers and falling behind. I mean really, school tv is hard!  But it's fall and I must buckle down. I can't fall behind now or it'll be that much harder when the mid season replacements start in January. Summer was fun but it's time to get serious.

What's your fall schedule like? Do we have any of the same classes?

6 comments:

Katherine said...

This post is amazingly fantastic!! We do have the same classes, but I'm taking the online versions. It's a pain because I'm always a little behind the rest of the class, but my financial aid wouldn't cover cable. I mean...yeah, cable. Tee hee! Sorry, this post just makes me giggle.

Jesse Davis said...

Lets see...

Fluid Mechanics
System Dynamics
Internal Combustion Engines
Product Development and Design

Hmmm, no I don't think I'll be seeing you in class any time soon.

Savd said...

Tonight is "New Girl" on Fox at 9pm...want to take that class with me? Then I share Modern Family and my Thursday classes with you, but I think that's it!

D said...

Yay! I'm excited for my comedies to start again. Raising hope is my current fave but I also love psych and Parks and Rec and Community. It's a good thing I do have a DVR cause we watch way too many TV shows- many of them at the same time on different channels. We only watch one to two shows a night at the most so I don't feel too bad about it.

Ashley said...

I think I overloaded myself this semester: Pysch, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, The Office (worried that it's declining), House, Grey's Anatomy... yet I want to try some of the new classes.

Brian said...

I love the "TV shows as classes" conceit: http://opticwalrus.blogspot.com/2009/01/busy-schedule.html

I have a really light schedule this Fall, since I did a lot of work over the summer (Breaking Bad, Project Runway, Louie, Friday Night Lights) and some of my favorites won't be back until next year (Mad Men, 30 Rock, an intriguing new series called Awake). But it will be fantastic to have Parks and Rec and Community back in my life.