Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Some Thoughts on Weather

The weather around here has been pretty yick lately. (Yes, that's a word.) It's been rainy, windy, and chilly. I wouldn't mind so much except that I had to postpone my annual bonfire because of it. But I can handle it... I can be mature.... I don't have to stomp my feet and whine about the postponement. I don't have to throw myself on the ground and pound my fists. Not me. Never.

But even though the weather has been super blah, there have been some beautiful moments in nature lately. In fact, today and yesterday the sky has been full of rainbows, and it's all people can talk about. There's something about a rainbow that just catches you off guard. It's like they're supernatural or something, and you feel like you have to tell people that you saw one. Like that time I saw a unicorn.

Today there was a brief window between one storm and the next when the day became beautiful. Cold, but beautiful. Nature was super impressive today. Here are a few pictures I took.


One hour of beauty + one week of blah = almost even. Almost.

4 comments:

Claire said...

I wish the weather was like this now- want to trade? It's still in the 80's here and I am DYING.

Vance said...

How do you create such beautiful and varied pictures in such small time frames? Amazing. I especially like the leaf, the water droplets look like perfectly formed glass beads.

Savd said...

Where are all these rainbows people keep talking about?? I haven't seen any, and believe me, I've been staring through my rain-soaked window panes like a sad lil' puppy, so I should have seen at least one! :)

Katherine said...

It really has been crazy and beautiful! I saw a double rainbow here in GR on Thursday, and the sky in the west at the same time was a gorgeous crazy shade of pink. Beautiful! Walking downtown in the blowing rain last night wasn't as much fun, though... But the sunny autumn morning today was!