Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday Thoughts

You know what's on my mind today? Buds. Leafy tree buds to be precise. This is the time of spring I most look forward to - when the leaves come back. It's one of the few things I love about spring. As far as ranking the seasons goes, my list looks like this:

Yay!
1. Summer
1. Fall
- summer and fall are tied because they're both awesome-
3. Spring - I don't trust it.
4. Winter. In last place, obviously.

But the thing spring really has going for it is the leaves. Winter in Michigan is so bleak at times. By March, we are aching for green grass and green trees again. This week I've finally started seeing buds on all the trees and it is making me so happy!

In other Wednesday Thoughts, yesterday my co-worker, Justin, and I had an interesting conversation. I turned to him while he was trying to work and asked, "Justin, if you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you want for dinner tonight?" After discussing the pros and cons of various foods and meals, he settled on a BLT sandwich and potato salad, with ice cream for dessert.

I chose pizza for dinner with chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert. Pizza isn't necessarily my favorite food ever, but I love it and I always feel guilty about the calories. In this case, that obviously wouldn't be a concern! For lunch, I'd have soup and crispy bread. And for breakfast, eggs and hash browns. It all sounded so good that by the time were done discussing all our options, I said to him, "Dang, I wish I were dying tomorrow." He made me take it back.

What would you want for your last meal(s) if you knew you were going to die tomorrow? Just pretend you were in some kind of alternate reality where dying tomorrow was no big deal and you still totally had your appetite. Otherwise this question is super morbid.

Lastly, I saw Insidious earlier this week. It was pretty scary. I wrote about it over here (link) if you'd like to read my review. I thought I'd start a little movie blog. To be honest, I don't see myself updating it too often, but you never know. I go to great lengths to avoid exercising sometimes.

Happy Wednesday!

13 comments:

Heidi said...

I like this alternate reality. It makes me hungry. I would have a baked potato, and mashed potatoes, and french fries. Obvs because that many carbs would kill me normally it's all okay!

Emily Johnson said...

Lemon Chicken, with potatoes, carrots, onions, and lots of sour cream. Followed by Carrot cake with cream cheese icing.

The Spelndour said...

An Ortolan Bunting. If you're gonna die tomorrow, might as well break as many laws as possible.

violet50 said...

Breakfast: Waffles with Strawberries, lots of bacon and some orange juice.
Lunch: Sesame Chicken and egg drop soup from San Fu.
Dinner: Melt-in-your-mouth steak with tender baked potatoes and sour cream, nice tossed salad and for dessert - chocolate mousse.
Advice: you should have some of those meals before you "die". You can eat healthily the next day.

Savd said...

I agree that everyone should make a list like this and then actually eat these meals as a way of truly living! :) (PS: I've been salivating since reading these ideas!!) :)

Katherine said...

Thai food from Thailand! The real stuff! None of this namby-pamby American stuff. Also potato salad (Mom-style), grilled chicken, mmm, maybe some grilled salmon on the side...and a steak filet, TPCC-style. You know, small portions of each (or not, if I'm dying anyway). And corn on the cob!! And turtle cheesecake for dessert, with a side of Oreo Delight. And a bowl of Max & Erma's tortilla soup!! Yum.

Dr. J said...

Funny! When I was writing my pizza blog post, I originally thought about writing "I'll eat my pizza as the last meal and laugh at the electric chair while I'm waiting for a lethal injection" where I scoff at electricity. I thought it was too gloomy.

Heather said...

Lobster ravioli! Wine, bread.
Or maybe fried okra - for lunch with a big ol' Schlotzsky's sandwich.
Breakfast - cream cheese french toast.

Uhg. I am beginning to think I have eaten too many baked chicken breasts lately.

Unknown said...

Breakfast: Hash browns, bacon, eggs over easy, fruit, a mimosa

Lunch: Shake Shack half a burger (other half goes to my bf), Shake Shack cheese fries, guacamole

Dinner: Seared foie gras, salmon, roasted vegetables, a boston cooler for dessert

I love to eat too much; I didn't get to fit it all in. Can I add a final-moments snack?

Final moments: Manchego cheese, drinking chocolate, garlic bread...

Ack! No dying, I need to eat too many things.

D said...

Breakfast: bolillo toasted with butter and minced garlic, refried beans spread on top, Over easy egg over that, and queso fresco, and salsa. yum and orange bang to drink

Lunch: Mussaman curry

snack: smoothie of some kind, reece's peanut butter cups

dinner: Chicken Tikka Masala, Naan

midnight snack: bluebell ice cream, and swiss roll

but I think I need two last days so I can have italian and chinese food too.

Anonymous said...

-Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa
-Ben n Jerry's Phish Food
-Bacon wrapped asparagus
-Angel food cake with chocolate frosting filled with apple pie filling
-Green bean casserole

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

always icecream for dessert :)

Liz Hughes said...

Veggie lasagna, cafe rio salad, vanilla caramel fudge ice cream, and cheese fries