Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Partyin' Partyin' Yeah!

I used to love Fridays. And of course, I thought my love of Fridays was impenetrable. I mean, what could ruin Friday!? The last work day of the week - the start of the weekend! But one girl is trying her hardest to get me to dread Fridays. Who is it, you ask? I bet you already know. HER:

She's not the devil. But her song is. It's been proven.

Yep, Rebecca Black. Yesterday I was feeling excited about how today is Friday and that wretched song came into my head. I started thinking "yesterday was Thursday. Today it is Friday..." I mentioned it to Justin and he said, "I've never heard of it." I thought he was kidding, but he wasn't. So of course, I made him listen to it. If I'm going down, I'm going to drag him down too. That's what friends are for. After the first 30 seconds he said he couldn't take it anymore. I then made him watch two parodies of it.

I'm sure some day I won't think about it when Friday rolls around. I'm starting to get worried though because I first heard that "song" several weeks ago and it's only growing stronger. Maybe I'll try to replace it with something less annoying, like the Macarena. Or Who Let the Dogs out.

But today is not just any Friday! It's the royal wedding! At my office, this is how we are celebrating the special day. By looking at Kate and William every time we use the bathroom.

Someone at work decorated the generic male/female forms on the
bathroom doors to honor the special day.

How are you celebrating the royal wedding? And confess: who got up at 4:00 (or stayed up till 1:00 or 2:00 if you're out west) to watch the wedding? That would not be me. I need my beauty rest. As for me, I plan on congratulating them every single time I use the bathroom. Well, Kate, anyway since I doubt I'll be heading in Will's direction at any point.

What about you? Do any of you care about it?

7 comments:

Katherine said...

I'm with Justin - I only got about 30 seconds into the Friday song and started twitching, so never finished, but I've also seen several awesome parodies! That song is in a terrifying class by itself, and definitely makes the Macarena seem like a hymn or something.

As for the royal wedding, I don't know if I'll do anything as AWESOME as the bathroom decorations in your office, but I probably will speak with a British accent for a while, hum the wedding march, make a fake bouquet of flowers out of tissue paper, and march around my apartment with my cardboard cutout of James Dean (which will have Will's face taped on, of course). Nothing too fancy.

Elizabeth Downie said...

I have to admit, I thought I was immune to the royal wedding fever, but I happened to be in the kitchen at work where the tv is and I caught the kiss. Totally magical. I got caught up in it. Guess I have a heart afterall!

Joe D said...

This is one of the best Friday videos I've ever seen. Trust me.. It almost makes it ok. http://youtu.be/zzfQwXEqYaI

violet50 said...

How about "This Is the Song That Never Ends?" I watched part of the wedding on t.v. and recorded more. Love it!

Dr. J said...

That song's stuck in my head and the words "Friday~ Friday~" have escaped my mouth three time this morning. My officemate does not appreciate your post :)

Caitlin Whitaker said...

I wake up my kids every Friday morning by belting Rachel Black's hideous anthem at the top of my lungs. They hate it. It's hilarious!

(What wedding? Can I have cake too?)

{jaclyn} said...

haha, i thought i didn't care about the wedding (this is coming from a girl who grew up with prince william as her crush, he as taped inside my locker and i still have a glossy picture book of him that a friend got me in high school, shhh). but when i got to work it was on every tv and i got majorly sucked in. in the end i'm glad i got to see bits of it, something to tell the grandkids. :)