Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fooled

The universe was out to get me to day. But since it was April Fool's Day, I was able to laugh about it...for the most part. Here are some of the ways the universe pranked me today:

1. I sleep with my hair in a ponytail. When I took out the ponytail holder this morning, it was stuck. I mean, really really stuck. I ended up having to cut it out of my hair. That hasn't happened since I was a kid.

2. I was late for work.

3. I ordered a mini Snickers blizzard and was given a Kit Kat one instead.

4. I went to the Acme store with only five minutes to spend inside and found the door locked, with this sign on the door:


5. The waitress at the restaurant tonight asked if I needed a refill on my Coke. I was drinking rootbeer. Coincidence? I think not.

I'm definitely not one to prank people on April Fool's Day. I can't keep a straight face for one thing. And I feel bad making people believe a lie. But I decided to lower my pranking standards today and pull a few little fast ones on my coworkers. Here's what I did:

1. Switched out Justin's tiny stapler for a huge one. He discovered it immediately (duh) but still, it was epic. I've been referring to it as "the stapler incident of 2011."

2. Justin and I went to the basement of our office building and started texting our other co-worker, Ann, telling her we were locked in the basement and were hearing strange sounds. We got increasingly panicked in our texts, hoping to freak Ann out. She was on to us though, telling us that it sounded like a real emergency, so she was just going to call 911.

3. I put some tape over the top of Ann's sparkling water can. Unfortunately, she saw it. Also unfortunately, the can was empty.

4. I replaced Justin's mandarin orange in gel fruit cup with my mixed fruit in cherry juice fruit cup and he didn't realize I'd made the switch! He ate it! I was panicking, hoping he wasn't allergic to anything in there. When I told him what I'd done, he said it was the best prank all day and that he felt like a fool.




Pranks done to me:
1. Ann rickrolled me. I loved it.
2. Justin scared me with a plastic ant. I jumped a mile.
3. The universe toyed with me all day, as previously mentioned.

Were you pranked today? Did you prank anyone?

13 comments:

Katherine said...

As far as I know, I did not get pranked. Unless someone short-sheeted me, which I'll find out later, I suppose. I love your pranks, though!! Hee heeee! Those are some GOOD ones! :)

Ashley said...

My sister hacked into my Facebook and changed my relationship status from "single" to "engaged." You can imagine the response I got. Sheesh.

Wee Sisters Three said...

A friend of mine wrote on facebook that she was married. Her own mother was like,"what! When? Why didn't you tell me?call me!" Yikes. Some jokes are just not funny. Paiges principal told them had to stay in school next week and no longer got spring break off. Paige thought it was hilarious. I thought about getting up and switching furniture around but was to lazy and slept in instead.

Caitlin Whitaker said...

Holy crap-- is that your office basement in the 4th picture? Geez, tres Cask of Amontillado! I'm pretty sure everyone teamed up and played a massive prank on me called National F.U. Day (F.U. meaning fifteen under the speed limit) and they paired up to block both lanes of the highway so I ended up late for everything. Real funny, guys.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't pranked today but I did go to the pawn shop to sell some pearl necklaces since we're in desperate need of dough and the guy said he wouldn't touch it unless it was obviously strung on gold...so no money.

The garbage man left my empty cans in the street where I park my Econoline van.

The kids rolled in the grass in the park and came down with a painful rash coupled with screaming tears.

I found one gray hair sticking out of one of my bald spots!

Elizabeth Downie said...

Hmm... Angela, sounds like the universe was out to get you too. But I'd say my getting a Kit Kat blizzard instead of the Snickers I ordered was worse than anything you listed (haha).

Elizabeth Downie said...

Oh and yes, Caitlin, that's the basement. It's for real haunted. ;)

Joe D said...

Best Rick Roll ever!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HioPyCID6RI

Carly Ives- Elphick said...

I didn't see or hear any April Fools Jokes :( So loved ready all about yours :) xxxx

Melanie Carbine said...

I flew across the dateline and thought I was skipping April Fool's altogether. It actually caught me for about 5 hours in Hawaii. I was really tired and cranky to say the least. But, a random guy on the airplane gave me his card.

violet50 said...

You sound like you were channeling Shaun Spencer in regard to the success of your pranks. But it was worth a try. And it sounded fun!

E McL said...

Told Andy I had some good and scary news... coincidentally the doorbell rang to delay the information and egg on the suspension... I was expecting for about 5 minutes. Scott is a scary good liar and played along. Lots of fun.

Vaughn said...

i like to play april 2nd fools...keeps people on their toes.