Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wednesday Thoughts

My weekly jumble of mostly unrelated thoughts.

Can I start with a little venting? I've been noticing with the news coverage of the earthquake in Chile that a lot of reporters are trying to pronounce Chile correctly by calling it "Chill-ay." I'm not usually a Spanish snob but this half way right pronunciation is sort of driving me loca, if you will. Either go with the American pronunciation (Chilly) or go all the way with the Spanish one (Cheelay). Sadly, I doubt any newscasters are reading this. But thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

In other news, I think I might be addicted to "lol" and I know for a fact that I'm 20 years too old to be using it as much as I do, or at all. I'm honestly not "lol"ing as much as I say I am either.It's embarrassing. For friends I regularly e-mail, just know I'm working on it. Have patience with me. Is there a 12 step program for getting over lol addiction?

So, last night I started a short post about how I saw this guy get shoved into a bookshelf at Borders, choked, then arrested by an undercover cop and Blogger had the nerve to publish the post before I was done. I'm sorry if some of you saw the incomplete story. I'll finish it one of these days - trust me, it was a doozy.

I need a new ringtone - any ideas? It has to be a song I won't get sick of right away. And I sort of have a phone phobia so it should be a song that makes me happy my phone is ringing. Is there such a song?

Happy Wednesday.

14 comments:

Brady said...

It's almost as bad as hearing reporters try to say Concepcion. Cone-Sep-See-Own. That's how it should be pronounced. Not Cone-Sep-Shown. That just sounds like English, with a bad spanish accent. There, that's my vent.

Katherine said...

"Final Countdown!!" You know you need to go back to that ring tone. I'm excited I got to hear the full Borders story not long after it happened! I feel so on the spot. (Even though I'm so not...) (lol!)

Kathy said...

How about the Meow Mix Song? Every time your phone rings, we get to hear Justin sing, "Meow Meow Meow Meow, Meow Meow Meow Meow".

Elizabeth Downie said...

Well, I do love how Justin does the harmonies but I think that would make me keep my phone on permanent vibrate.

Christi said...

You could create your own ringtone where you sing all of the haronies, similiar to when Andrew Bernard did it on the office. I think Meow Mix would be the perfect song for that!

Justin said...

Well since you brought up pet jingles, the K9 Advantix song might be a good one too. Although it is more of a slow jam: "Hello Mother, hello Father. Fleas, ticks, mosquitos, really bother..." It's pretty catchy if you ask me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alk26XzDYF4&NR=1

Personally, I've been searching for a Chocolate Rain ringtone for months though.

Elizabeth Downie said...

That puppy has a really good voice but I'd like to hear Jay Z do a remix with Rihanna. Now that would be a good ringtone.

Kathy said...

What about Rihanna and Shy Ronnie?

Elizabeth Downie said...

Shy Ronnie would be PERFECT for that song! Why didn't I think of that?

Oh, and Katherine, you know I love the Final Countdown because it makes me think of GOB but I already had that one for so long I got burned out on it.

Joel said...

You had the Final Countdown as a ringtone? ME TOO! We're soul mates, it must be so. AND, I recently blogged about LOL too last week! Oh my, we're SO on the same wavelength here!

http://unculturedswine.net/wordpress/2010/02/26/would-the-real-lol-please-stand-up/

Wee Sisters Three said...

*how come no one is commenting on Justin singing the harmony to the songs? That's hilarious.

*You've got me on the edge of my seat waiting for the Borders story. BTW. Can hardly wait for it now.

*I think you're new ringtone should be "Good Morning Baltimore" from hairspray. One of Paige's favorite to dance too. Then you could yell, "this is my Jam" like Ethan does to songs he loves

David and Linda said...

Your new ringtone should be the theme song for The Office. Either that or "Footloose".

Unknown said...

Chilli anyone? lol. I hate that too. I don't like when people say Chileno for a person from Chile when we all know that the English version is Chilean! Maybe Chile should have made their name a little more different. Like Naples. It's really Napoli! Totally different! :) lol. Is okay by the way! You are hearby allowed to overuse it.

Where to go from HERE said...

Of course there is song that makes everybody happy. You just need to be willing to go back in time.
Remember "Don't Worry, Be Happy." If somebody can't smile when they hear that song, they have more issues than anything other than medication can help.