Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wednesday Thoughts

I want to start today by thanking those of you who have sent me Christmas cards this year. I especially love the cards that come with letters containing highlights from the year. I've thought about doing something like that, but I think the tone of my letter would be wrong for the season. Especially because the first line in my Christmas letter rough draft is, "This year I successfully continued my descent into madness*."

I kid. But really, what would a Christmas letter from me contain? Maybe a couple dating stories, a list of my favorite tv shows from the year, something about the monotony of my day to day life, and maybe to conclude, a word search or something like that just so you don't get too bored. Oddly enough, as I think back on this year, pickle flavored popcorn stands out as a highlight. Maybe I'd add a scratch and sniff to the letter so you could get the full effect.

What do you think? I'll start planning for 2010's card.

In other news, have you heard about this adorable cat in Japan named Maru? Let me start out by saying I am completely indifferent to cats in general, but this website won me over. Something about the combination of poorly translated Japanese and a surprisingly entertaining cat are making this cat's blog something of an addiction for me currently. Here's a link. Trust me, you have to have a heart of stone not to think this cat is adorable. I should know.

One more day of work then I'm off till the new year! Happy Wednesday! And Merry Christmas!

* editors note: I wrote this post in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep. If it sounds a little loopy, that's why.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I like the scratch and sniff idea. Maybe you could make a popup letter? Color Elizabeth's yearly highlights letter? Choose your own adventure letter?
How does that cat have his own book?! Maru is cute though, and I'm always a fan of Engrish.

Marilyn said...

Your writing is always good and non-loopy. I liked the cat from Japan. Cats in Japan are just like American cats...who knew?

Katherine said...

Ah, I like middle of the night, loopy Elizabeth! So much fun. And I LOVE the holiday newsletter ideas. Pleeeease send out that letter!! You need a catchy name, though, like "The Geller Yeller." Good luck with that! ;)

Sarah said...

Luckily, you have an amazing blog that you could use to review the year prior to writing your annual Christmas letter! :)

Liz Hughes said...

In your Christmas letter you could name all of your cats. Oh, wait you're not a crazy cat lady yet. My bad.