Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas quotes

Four more days! Enough time to hurry and watch all your favorite Christmas movies before the big day. These are the movies we quote all year, but only watch once a year. Here are some quotes from some of my favorites. Feel free to add yours if you'd like.

The nerve of those Whos. Inviting me down there - on such short notice! Even if I wanted to go my schedule wouldn't allow it. 4:00, wallow in self pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one; 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me - I can't cancel that again; 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing... I'm booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. But what would I wear? - The Grinch

Clark: Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?
Eddie: Naw, I'm doing just fine, Clark.
- Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

It's just nice to meet another human that shares my affinity for elf culture. & one more from the same movie: Why don't you just say it? I'm the worst toy-maker in the world. I'm a Cotton-Headed Ninnymuggins! - Elf

This house is so full of people it makes me sick. When I grow up and get married, I'm living alone. - Home alone

Charlie Brown: Thanks for the Christmas card, Violet.
Violet: I didn't send you a Christmas card.
C. B. Don't you know sarcasm when you hear it?

This makes two quote based posts in a row - I promise the next will be back to normal. Although maybe it's nice to have a break from my voice? Don't answer that.

5 comments:

Vaughn said...

Rus: "Dad that tree wouldn't fit in our yard"
Clark: "Its not going in our yard Rus, its going in our living room."

Haughy Neighbor "Hey Griswald, where you gonna put a tree that big?"
Clark:"Bend over and i will show you"
Neighbor: "you got alotta nerve talking to me like that!"
Clark: "I wasnt talking to YOU..."

Ahhh, Christmas Vacation defines my life.

Katherine said...

Good quotes, E! (And Vaughn!) There are so many things I'd love to quote from "The Grinch" - that movie is SOOO hilarious! I love it!

Mike said...

For shame Elizabeth! How could you quote Christmas movies without quoting the best of all time? I am, or course, talking about Jingle all the way, starring Schwarzenegger and Sinbad.

David and Linda said...

Some of my favorites are:
"Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?"[Elf]
"Mankind was my business" [Marley in The Christmas Carol.]
"Teacher says everytime a bell rings, an angel gets its wings". [Susu in "It's a Wonderful Life.]

Liz Hughes said...

I'm really surprised that you didn't use one single quote from the greatest Christmas movie of all times... "A Christmas story".