Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Singlehood: Solved!

My friend Sara posted the funniest/most disturbing link in the comments section of my last post and what with Valentines Day coming up and the very cold weather, I just had to share it with you. You can thank me (and Sara) later. But I guess I'm turning into a bitter single person because even though I cracked up when I saw the link, I was also slightly nausiated. If you guys haven't seen Smittens yet, check out this site!

I'm going to buy a pair and just walk around with the couples mitten hanging off my hand. Then I'll approach guys who look cold and ask them if they want to share. What do you think? Will it work?

9 comments:

Katherine said...

I DEFINITELY think it will work! Believe me, I know.

Julie Barb said...

That is hilarious! I have to say...I think the "smittens" actually tops the snuggie in cheesiness:) I love your blog Elizabeth...it always makes me smile:)

Ben said...

It would work on ME!

Do you want to borrow mine and Isabel's to see if it works?

Sara said...

When I first saw these, I thought it was for one person. Kind of like a muffler. I couldn't figure out how the single mitten would fit into the double mitten. Then I realized it was meant for two, and I was nausiated as well. Do you think any woman who has bought Smittens convinced their parter walk around wearing them together? It would make my year if I saw a couple wearing these.

Anonymous said...

What will people think of next?? An ice cream cone that holds 2 single scoops simultaneously? Scissors with dual handles? Water bottles with attached straws for lovers that can't stand to do anything as their own person? Oh dang, is it obvious that I'm bitter? :)

I do think it would be a great experiment to offer your smitten to male passer-bys...or to get friends to try to wear them with their current beaus...I can't see a guy really going for it. :)

Anonymous said...

I think I'll order a smitten for my upcoming red rover championship.

Anonymous said...

Or, as a great team spirit accessory for a three-legged race!

Jessica said...

Bahaha, oh I laughed out loud when I read this post. That is hilarious! And the heart on the purple one, hahaha.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I'm ordering some now.