Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

A quiz for my birthday

Well guys, I did it. I survived another year! If you knew my fast paced life style, you'd know what an accomplishment this is! The sky diving, my part time job as a stunt double, and of course, when I toured with Bon Jovi last summer (back up guitar player).

What I thought I'd do to celebrate my birthday is think back on things I've done this past year. But I'm going to do it differently than you've seen done in other blogs. I'm going to give you a quiz and see what you remember from June of last year till now. June of course is when I started my blog. So here it goes. Post your answers in the comment section and I'll post the correct answers at some point on Tuesday. I know this is ridiculous and more than a little self centered, but just humor me.

1. To celebrate my friend Sarah's birthday in June, we:
a. Saw Maya Angelou speak
b. Went to an Obama rally
c. Went to a Bon Jovi concert

2. What guilty pleasure book did I read last summer?
a. a Mary Higgins Clark book
b. a Murder, She Wrote book
c. a Baby-sitters club book

3. Which Golden Girl did the quiz tell me I'd be?
a. Blanche
b. Sofia
c. Rose

4. If you want to have a spooky experience to tell around the campfire, one of the steps I listed is:
a. stumble to the bathroom with your eyes blurred in the middle of the night
b. spend the night in a graveyard
c. read a book of ghost stories

5. Which video game did I rediscover my love of this year?
a. Mario Cart
b. Guitar Hero
c. Dr. Mario

6. What horrible monster did I face last summer?
a. tomato horn worm
b. blast ended skrewt
c. wolf spiders

7. What film was being shot within blocks of my office building last summer?
a. Whip It!
b. An American Girl
c. Youth in Revolt

8. What do I hate the most?
a. bad movies
b. optical illusions
c. lame ghost stories

9. What was the problem that caused me to panic going into 2009?
a. finding the right calendar
b. making New Year's resolutions
c. writing 2008 on everything

10. How many votes for "not hairy enough" did Magnum PI get in the poll?
a. 0
b. 1
c. 3

Extra credit:
Did Kathy and I sell the clock on craigslist?
a. Yes
b. No

For the person who gets the most right, the prize is that I will write a little post about you and why you're awesome.

15 comments:

alecia said...

Capricorn Quiz Answers:
1b
2b
3b
4c
5c
6a
7a
8b
9b
10b
EC b

Happy Birthday! Thanks for the quiz!

Anonymous said...

1. b
2. b
3. c
4. a
5. c
6. a
7. a
8. c
9. b
10.) b
ec.) b (fortunately)

Anonymous said...

1.b
2.b
3.c
4.a
5.c
6.a
7.c
8.b
9.b
10.b
ec.b (not sure if this one is fair for me to answer since my name is in the question....but i will take the points either way.)

Dallan said...

I won't even attempt to answer your quiz, but I think I know the answer to three or four of them without going back and checking. Anyway, hope you have a happy birthday. If I could send some Texas heat your way, I would.

Elizabeth Downie said...

Dallan, that would be the best gift ever. Today is going to be the warmest day this week and it's 25 degrees! Only four more months!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm going to do it without looking back because, well, I live dangerously, too, altho not as dangerously as you're claiming to live, playing back-up guitar for Bon Jovi! :)

1) Obama rally (phew!)
2) Murder, She Wrote
3) Why do I think it's Blanche??
4) Stumble with blurred vision
5) Dr. Mario
6) Tomato horn worm
7) Youth in Revolt??
8) Optical illusions
9) Deciding on a calendar
10) One? (And no, I swear it wasn't me!!)
11) No, I don't think anyone bought it...sad!

Ok, I just realized that I really stick to the details of your blog like it's my fave sitcom!

Elizabeth Downie said...

Blanche!? I don't know how to take that!! lol

Anonymous said...

I meant nothing by it, except that you are vivacious! :)

EFN Newsletter said...

b
a
c
a
c
c
a
b
a
1 - do I get extra points for knowing it was abram?
a

Stephanie said...

Elizabeth,

Since we both already know that I am the only possible candidate for an "Awesome Post"---save for yourself, of course---let me forgo the questions and just wish you a belated Happy Birthday! Your blog sends out such warm vibes right now, it's fantastic!

Katherine said...

I should get extra EXTRA credit since the computer deleted my first answers...
1. b
2. b
3. c
4. a
5. c
6. a
7. c
8. b (Yeesh, some people)
9. a
10. 1
E.C. You posted it, but for some unfathomable reason it has not yet sold (though you fif get one offer).

Nailed it!

Katherine said...

I meant "did get one offer"...not "fif"...woops! Though sometimes I feel the need to plead the "one, two, three, four...FIF!"

Elizabeth Downie said...

Yes, Kristin, you can definitely get an extra point for that! I still love that he voted for not hairy enough. You guys crack me up.

And thanks for the b-day wishes, Stephanie!

Anonymous said...

I only remember Rose...I'm a failure

Liz Hughes said...

To be honest I have read every blog post from the time you started up till now in one day so I may have an unfair advantage of remembering blog details, and this was posted like 3 years ago so it doesn't matter anyway but I wanted to answer this quiz.
B
B
C
A
C
A
C
B
A
B
B