Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wednesday Thoughts

You guys, what are two things that should not mix? Robots and ghosts, right?! Ok, well, there's this school in my home town that many people think is haunted - books flying off shelves, that kind of thing. Well, recently the school was sold to a robot manufacturing company! I just learned this information over the Christmas break and forgot to tell you until just now. So don't say I didn't warn you when you see a story on the news about ghost powered robots.

Wow... I'm in a silly mood.

Time to get serious. 2011 has been a good year for me so far. I made my New Year's resolutions vague enough that I don't feel overwhelmed by them ("improve this... get better at that.."). One of my friends (you know who you are) wrote on Facebook that his New Year's resolution is to take Facebook more seriously and share more personal drama in his status updates. I love that. Have any of you set any fun or crazy resolutions? I'm thinking something like this might work: eat more chocolate. Yes?

Everyone was going mad about the date on New Year's - 1/1/11. I'll admit it's cool but you know what an even cooler date is? 1/11/11. If you know why, you get five points.

So tell me - are you guys adjusting to winter? I think I might be. We got some fresh snow today and it was so pretty. Oh wait, I took a picture:



Serene, huh? Talk to me again in a month and I'll tell you if I'm still ok with winter. For now I've made my peace with it.

Happy Wednesday.

9 comments:

Katherine said...

Oooh, I know! I know! (About 1/11/11.) What can I do with my 5 points? Maybe use them against the ghost robots. YIKES!! Maybe that should be my New Year's resolution - to come up with a way to overpower those roboghosts. But that's not vague enough, so... Oh, well. Still a good goal.

Eloy Trevino said...

I've fought ghost powered robots before...no big deal. I am adjusting to the weather as best as I can. I still like riding with my windows down with the heat on blast. I'm weird like that...or just from Michigan. Maybe my resolution should be to not be so weird?

Brady said...

Can I have the bonus points too. I know!

Wee Sisters Three said...

I know all the answer and as someone who went to kindergarten and 1st grade at the haunted school I can tell you..it is creapy. My kindergarten room was in the basement and was very scary.
My resoltions were to like myself better and also to loose 15 pounds..those don't have to go hand in hand thoug. Also to enjoy more moments with the kids.

D said...

I seem to remember that the day we celebrate you is in January...:)

One of my resolutions is to be silly with my kids more often. :) I decided to choose a word theme and copied blogger V&Co- Healthy. I have specific goals to help me be healthier, physically and spiritually. Mainly I am just looking for improvement and not completion in my goals.

violet50 said...

I need to relax more. It's hard for "type-A's" like me to not feel guilty not being productive all of the time. I need to meditate several times a day. And I get 100bonus points for being there!

Sarah said...

1-11-11...let's celebrate at 1:11pm...I'll steal you from work! Fried pickles will be awaiting! :)

~ Malissa ~ said...

My New Year's resolution is to comment on your blog more. I really don't think resolutions get better than! :-)

Liz Hughes said...

At first I thought the only the special about 1/11/11 was that there were 5 ones and that's why you were offering 5 points. I was very confused and then I remembered(and by remembered I mean I checked Facebook)