Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Warm Memories

Remember summer? Yeah, me neither. This time of year, summer becomes like your old friend who moved away, and who's face you're starting to forget.

I do have some memories though, and I think if you tell me some of yours, together we can remember summer's face. Here's what I remember:

1. Feeling the warmth of the sun.
2. The smell of someone BBQing nearby.
3. Flip flops and painted toe nails.
4. Corn on the cob.
5. Sunglasses.
6. Riding my bike.
7. Swimming in the lake to cool off.

Going into water to cool off. Imagine.

It's so sad but that's all I remember. It's so cold here now. So, so cold. And snowing nonstop.

Up till this very day, I haven't really minded winter this time around. But suddenly I've hit a wall. I'll have to find a way to get over it because we still have a solid three months of winter ahead of us. But for today, I'll allow myself to daydream about summer, and remember the good times.

6 comments:

Katherine said...

This post is the best. The best! I love how you wax so poetic in those first couple of paragraphs! I feel the same way about summer, though. Sigh. I made that summer movie from our summery pictures/videos last year, so I think I'll pull that out again. I remember birds chirping, the smell of freshly mown grass and wet soil, flowers (real ones, not the fake ones I have in my apartment in an attempt to trick myself), and the sound of boats on the lake. Oh, summer.

Ashley Arnold said...

Ha ha - "going into water to cool off. Imagine." That's kind of hard to imagine right now... a faint memory. :) Great post.

Mark said...

Wearing shorts every day but Sunday.

Bare feet in the grass, where the blades poke up between my toes.

Frisbee.

Mary Burnette said...

The smell of a campfire. Always makes me smile.

violet50 said...

All of the above plus lemonade stands and sleeping in.

Kathy said...

This is definitely the "hit a wall" time of year. December snow is so pretty and peaceful....but now it's OLD. I'm tired of putting on a big heavy coat all the time. And Samson is tired of wearing the adorable doggie sweaters that I put on him. Cabin fever is setting in quite nicely. Ok, I'm done whining. :)-