Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

October Bucks

October is such an awesome month, and October weekends feel like valuable currency that you'll lose if you don't spend them by the end of the month. Nothing against November, but it's no October. October has so much to offer that just the other day, after looking at the calendar I said to someone, "I'm freaking out because I want to make sure I don't waste any of this month!"


So far this season, I have spent my October bucks on hosting a bonfire, admiring the trees, going to a pumpkin patch, eating caramel apples, watching football games, going to a cider mill, making spiced hot apple cider, watching a couple scary movies, eating almost an entire bag of candy corns, and walking along crunchy leaf-y sidewalks (the leaves are crunchy, not the sidewalk).

Today I went to Greenfield Village to see the fall colors there. As I've mentioned on here before, Greenfield Village is a historic village in Dearborn, Michigan. It's one of my favorite places to visit. My mom and I went today, and had a blast. We even rode the train, which I haven't done since I was a kid. I couldn't help but take pictures all day of course and here are some that captured some of the beautiful fall colors.



Magical, and totally worth the money. What are you spending your October bucks on?

4 comments:

E McL said...

I think I have a new have-to-visit site. Magical describes it perfectly. I'm living vicariously again... I'm spending my October bucks... potty training. Stuck inside, cleaning, laundry, screaming. I guess someone has to experience the fright fest. What a horror house it is!

Katherine said...

Oooh! I love all of those pictures! My October Bucks have been spent (so far) on: Cider Mill, leaf peeping, apples & caramel, baseball play-offs, candy corn, Halloween decorations, and talking about scary movies (no watching yet). I love October, too!! It's so wonderful!

Katherine said...

P.S. Love the new quote!! Oh, Phil.

Unknown said...

I feel the same way about Oct. I am freaking out about wasting any of it. I am also nervous because of how much the leaves here have changed, and that I did my last long run here for a couple weeks, and didn't take my camera. Now I might have to drive it to get some pics with leaves. What a pain, I am also paranoid that when I get back to MI, the leaves will already be gone! The horror! We come back this weekend, and I have a list started of things to do. I might need to add Greenfield village to it after seeing your pics. I need to go to Parmenters, Three Cedars, maybe Erwins, Maybury, Kensington, Noodles &Co, Bagger Dave's, and Pei Wei. This list is getting out of control!