Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Post a Day

What if I blogged every day for an undisclosed amount of time* just to see what came out? Would you keep reading? Or would you be overwhelmed? Can you only take me in small doses? Don't answer that question. Or any of them, really. My point is I'm going to blog every day for a little while and see what happens.

I think that if I blog more often, more of my personality will come through and I will have less of a filter. This worries me a little bit. I guess it'll either make you like me more, or like me less. You probably won't like me just the same though unless you already know me in real life. In which case you'll either like me the same or like me less.

I should warn you, most of my thoughts these days involve the following: making plans to avoid dying alone, wondering whatever happened to Mr. and Mrs. Brady's first spouses, feeling sad about summer coming to an end, feeling guilty for not reading the books friends have loaned me, wondering if it's "loaned" or "lent", wishing Big Brother was on five days a week instead of three, getting excited about fall, thinking about boys/men/whatever I'm supposed to call them at this age, wondering if I should change my hair style, and some other stuff that I don't care to share. Now that's the stuff I'm worried will leak out. I'm curious if it will.

Will you indulge me with a poll? I'm curious how many of you who read this blog know me in real life. If most of you already know me, it will change the things I write. Is it incredibly vain to post a poll about this? I guess since I'm writing in a blog about me by me, it's a little late to worry about vanity. So I'm going to post it. Hop on over from google reader for one sec and take the poll, if you would.

And I'll see you all....tomorrow.

*Till I don't feel like it anymore, basically. Or when I accidentally miss a day and ruin everything.

10 comments:

Katherine said...

Hmmm...I'm curious if you blogging every day will indeed make me like you...less? JK! Or am I? No, JK for real. Maybe.... This is the kind of weird comment you can expect from me on your daily posts. Just FYI.

SAC said...

This will be interesting for those like me, who know you, but only peripherally, and not well. Though I admit to have wanted to get to know you better, so maybe this is a way to do it, only the lazy way. :) Just keep spewing out random things and it will all fit into the picture of who you are, which isn't a bad thing from where I sit.....

Liz Hughes said...

I would definitely keep reading, there's no such thing as too much Elizabeth Downie.

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Savd said...

YAY!! I'm always super entertained by all the things you think about, and getting a daily dose sounds like an awesome idea! :) PS: I can't believe you didn't refer to boys/men as "little angel muffins"! :)

Unknown said...

I agree with Liz!

E McL said...

Every time Andy hears me laughing while on the computer the question comes, "Reading Elizabeth's Blog again?" Now who wouldn't want more of that?! And truth be told, when you've been on vacation or taken a break or not posted Wed until late, I get a little down in the mouth... but then you write and I get a little Downie in the mouth (see what I did there?) I must be getting punchy. As long as you can tolerate my incessant need for your humor and random thoughts I will be an eager reader.

Brady said...

Yay for more Elizabeth!

karajean said...

Disclaimer: I voted that yes, I have met you in real life b/c I met you at church that one time I visited Sandy. But then I kept reading the post and thought maybe that's not what you were looking for, because I don't really know you!

Liz Hughes said...

I miss you posting every day.