Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wednesday Thoughts

This morning, even though the temperatures outside are still freezing, I'm thinking a lot about spring. One of the reasons I'm thinking about spring is because of baseball! A very exciting new player is coming to Detroit this spring! I'll give you a hint: his name is Prince and he is one of the following:


If you guessed Prince Jackson, Michael Jackson's son, you'd be wrong. But you're close because this Prince is also the son of a well known person. And no, it's not Prince William either. Nor is it the artist formerly and now again currently known as Prince. It is actually Prince Fielder, the son of Cecil Fielder! Check out this adorable picture of Cecil and Prince together in 1993!

Detroit!!!

I can't wait for baseball to start. A few years ago my friend Christi and I got tickets to Opening Day and it was so much fun. She even flew out here from Utah for it! (That's dedication.) I'm thinking about going again this year....oh baseball, I miss you.

But I have another reason for looking forward to spring, and it has to do with realizing a life-time dream. If you know me well you may have already guessed! I am going to Arizona and will be seeing the Grand Canyon while I'm there! I am super excited. When I told my grandma about the trip, she said, "No, no, no. You go to Arizona to see beautiful men, not beautiful places." She also told me to save the Grand Canyon till the end of my trip (I'll be in the Phoenix area the rest of the time) so I can meet a guy and take him with me. I told her I'd think about it (but I'm not really interested in being murdered by a stranger on this trip so I'll probably pass on that suggestion).



Spring! Spring! Spring! Now if we can just get through February....

Happy Wednesday!

9 comments:

violet50 said...

I'm excited about Prince [Fielder], too! Another good Tigers season. I am going to make it to the stadium this year! And I'd prefer that you didn't get strangled at the Grand Canyon, too. That would ruin the whole experience.

karajean said...

Don't worry, there aren't a lot of murderers in Phoenix. You'll love the Grand Canyon! Are you going to hike it?

Unknown said...

You know a TON of teams do Spring Training down here in March, right? You've got to go to a few games! http://www.cactusleague.com/

April Millar said...

However, I do think it would probably be pretty entertaining to watch Prince Jackson play baseball against the artist formally known but now currently known again as Prince.

Katherine said...

That's so exciting about Prince joining theTigers! Yay!! And also exciting to think about spring. In many ways winter has been a total tease this year, so thinking spring feels weird, but I'm all about it!

BlackLOG said...

The Grand Canyon or as we now call it - The Canyon formally known as Grand, after we took a white water rafting trip on it – the only thing white about it was the hair on the mainly elderly tourists who joined us..... Sorry a bit bitter about the experience, the GC from the top is spectacular and hope to take The Beast with me next time we hit Vegas.....

Sara said...

What an exciting trip!

Brian said...

I don't know why you're all of a sudden so excited about Prince playing in Detroit - Tayshaun has been playing for the Pistons since 2002.

When you go to the Grand Canyon take a picture of the presidents' faces for me!

Liz Hughes said...

Wow, Prince is playing for the Tigers?! I actually have no idea who that Prince or any of the other princes you mentioned are.
Eureka! I just had an amazing idea. I know what I want to do with my life. I'm going to become a serial killer known as the Grand Canyon Killer. I will meet handsome men and then lure them to the GC and well you can probably guess the rest. Thanks for the idea, I'll make sure you get credit when I mention you in my autobiography. Parks and Rec; my life as the Grand Canyon Killer.