Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

The Universe Makes it Happen

I did something pretty cheesy last week, but also pretty exciting. I made a "vision board". Have you guys heard of vision boards before? Basically, you think about the things you want out of life, such as success, love, fitness, a new bike, to read more, adopt a puppy and so on. Then you find pictures in magazines that represent your ambitions and make a collage of them on a piece of poster board.

I've been thinking about doing one of these for awhile, and finally did it! I am not going to post a picture of it though because that will reveal way too much about me. But I'm sure you can imagine some of the things on it.

I hung it up on a cork board in my bedroom, and I have to say, it really has been motivating me! I've actually made some concrete changes and plans for the year, and I think it has at least a tiny bit to do with the  board. Is that crazy? It might be. But whatever works for you, I guess. Right?

The title of this post is a joke, and comes from this video clip about vision boards from the show "Happy Endings". I don't really think that putting a bunch of pictures on a collage makes the Universe hand them to you. I just think that the board serves as a visual reminder of what you want out of life. Let's face it, it's really easy to get caught up in day to day life and forget your long term goals. It is for me, anyway. So the board is a reminder that in 2012, I want to go to the Grand Canyon, I want to exercise more, and I want some other stuff, but that's between me and the Universe.


3 comments:

Katherine said...

Ha! That video!!! "We got all those free sandwiches." Hee hee! A vision board sounds like a great idea! I feel privileged having snuck a peak at yours... I think I'm going to make one next week, too!! Then I'll let the universe get to work.

Christi said...

That is such a great idea! I am going to make one too!

April Millar said...

I love vision boards!