Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesday Thoughts: The Boy Band Edition

TOMORROW... Tomorrow is the big day.... after 20 years, me and the New Kids on the Block are reuniting, and it's gonna feel so good. When I tell people I'm going to see the New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys in concert, I get one of three responses:

1. Why?
2. Hahahahahaha
3. I'm so jealous!

Well, they (and you) should be jealous, because seeing NKOTB means one thing and one thing only: I'm going to see my tween crush: Jordan Knight, and he has done nothing in the last 20 years except get cuter:


Jordan was my number one tween crush and for obvious reasons - that first picture says it all - "I'm beautiful but also deep." What you can't see in this picture is his rattail, which I actually hated but which I figured I could talk him into cutting off when we fell in love.

Now that so much time has passed and we've both been able to learn and grow, I can see only one possible outcome from the concert tomorrow night:

I know what you're thinking, but you're wrong.
This isn't creepy at all.

You guys know I'm kidding right? I mean, I would hope that's obvious, but you never know. Marrying Jordan tomorrow night would just be silly. We'll probably have a fall wedding so we have time to get to know each other more and plan the wedding. Plus I'm sure Jordan will want to write a song for it.

Happy Wednesday.

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Hahaha! I love that picture! Have fun at the concert! But how would you not?!

Mike said...

If they play Popsicle, I will be jealous

Katherine said...

Whatever I've said before, this is the BEST. POST. EVER. Ever!!!! I'm so excited about you and Jordan getting married. A little jealous, too, I guess. My first NKOTB crush was Donnie, but after seeing him all skinny and weird in The Sixth Sense, I dunno...

I wonder if, when Jordan proposes, he'll say something awesome, like, "Elizabeth, you're My Favorite Girl, my Popsicle, you've got the Right Stuff, and baby, I Wanna Be Loved By You, so Please Don't Go Girl, Stay With Me Baby, and before you know it, I'll Be Loving You Forever. So What'cha Gonna Do About It?" Swoon!

Heather and I are going to have SO much fun helping you plan your fall wedding! Just expect a lot of giggling. And t-shirt sales at the reception.

Savd said...

Oh dang, this post had me recalling all sorts of good times...manually rewinding my cassette tape over and over to find my fave song, learning the dance moves at slumber parties and being SO jealous of the girl with the Joey McIntire sleeping bag...and my parents getting me the cardboard cut-out of the band - almost life-size! - from the Foot Locker at the mall. :) HAVE A BLAST!!!!!! :)

CB said...

That picture is quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen! There was a girl in my dorm in college who was CONVINCED she was going to marry Jordan one day. And I'm not saying she was hoping, she was seriously convinced and would get really offended when people would joke with her about it.

I'm going to the concert in Pittsburgh tonight - so excited!

NOURNME said...

Best post you've ever had. I literally did that lol thing people are always talking about.

Jesse Davis said...

Your photographs never cease to amaze me.

violet50 said...

Very funny, Elizabeth. You're hysterical! Laughed out loud. Thanks.

Erin Gong said...

I actually didn't laugh out loud, but this is one of the funniest posts I've read.

(I feel bad. It really deserves an lol. But if I try one now it'll sound forced. ... Yeah, it sounded forced.)

Liz Hughes said...

You are right about Jordan. He's like Halloween candy, only getting better with age. (I think that's how the saying goes). Since I didn't get an invite I'm assuming you guys never got married.