Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Weekend Update

How was your long weekend? Mine was fun, gluttonous, and not long enough. Here are some of the highlights:
  • Went bowling. RULED. (Ok, that's not true, I'm an awful bowler.)
  • Thought the Tiger Woods car accident was highly suspicious.
  • Cut my finger so deeply I almost fainted. (I may or may not be a huge baby.)
  • Saw Sam Roberts at the Fillmore with Christi and Angela and had way too much fun.
  • Had my love of Detroit deepened.
  • Made egg nog pie and it was a hit (thank you Amy, for the recipe)!
  • Went to a baby shower for my cousin. My five year old niece thought the baby was going to be born at the party and was disappointed. I, on the other hand, was relieved.
  • Braved the crowds on Black Friday and now own half the seasons of Friends.
  • Thought about the things for which I am grateful.
  • Spent time with both sides of my family and realized where I get the story telling gene from.
  • Fell in love with the cutest puppy! (pictured)
  • Watched "Up" again and didn't cry this time.
  • Decided that with winter coming, it might be worth it to pay a gazillion dollars to have the heat in my car fixed.
It was a good weekend, overall. How about you?

6 comments:

Kathy said...

How did you get through "Up" without crying? I can barely think about that movie without crying.

"I was hiding under your porch because I love you."

*tear*

Anonymous said...

isn't UP the cutest movie ever?! it's my new favorite kid movie.

i'm totally gonna try that pie!

Amy said...

A gazillion dollars is definitely worth it.

I'm glad the pie turned out :)

Sarah said...

Wow, you really used your time wisely with a great mix of fun this past weekend! :) Nicely done!

PS: I love the quote from Community! :)

Katherine said...

Oh! That quote Kathy put up from Dug the Dog is SO sweet! I love that movie. I only got through it with only some light-to-heavily misted eyes...

I'm glad that Paige was wrong about the baby being born at the shower, too - that would've been awkward! I'm also glad that you made egg nog pie. Delish!!

Sarah said...

I forgot to tell you...one time Azadi (Sonia's son) went with her to a baby shower, and couldn't understand why he had to take a bath BEFORE going to the shower...he thought he was going to have to bathe twice that day!