Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

I'll be watching you

The other day, Kathy, Justin, and I got talking about the most stalker-y songs. I think this was inspired by Richard Marx's "Right here waiting." We came up with our top four, but due to a senior moment I'm having (haha) I can't remember the fourth. So here are our top 3:

Every breath you take

Pretty much all the lyrics to this song are terrifying, but here's a sample:

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake

Every claim you stake

I'll be watching you

Every move you make
Every step you take

I'll be watching you


Always be my baby
I always liked this song actually, but Kathy claims it's really stalkerish. After reading the lyrics, I guess I can't say she's totally wrong. I still think it's a sweet song though (hmmm, that doesn't say anything about me, does it?)

You'll always be a part of me
I'm a part of you indefinitely

Boy don't you know you can't escape me
Ooh darling cause you'll always be my baby
And we'll linger on

Time can't erase a feeling this strong

No way you're never gonna shake me
Ooh darling cause you'll always be my baby

Hungry Eyes
These lyrics are more hilarious than scary, but there is definitely something semi-threatening about them. Especially the last three lines.

I've got hungry eyes
One look at you and I cant disguise

I've got hungry eyes
I feel the magic between you

And I've got hungry eyes

Now I've got you in my sights
With those hungry eyes

Did I take you by surprise

I googled "stalker songs" and found this list of almost 70 songs (but it didn't have the one I was trying to remember). Here's there number 1 stalker song. It contains the line, "You can run, you can hide, but you can't escape my love." I don't know though. I mean, considering the source, this just isn't scary. Somehow it seems ok if it's Enrique Iglesias doing the stalking.

Anyway, what is the worst (or best) stalker song? Seems like the perfect time to put another poll up. Can you think of any others?

11 comments:

Kathy said...

When you read the lyrics, "Every Breath You Take" is VERY terrifying. But when I sang it to Alex on our first date, it didn't seem so bad. I'm pretty sure he thought it was endearing. He's never been out of my sight since that night........

AMy said...

we must be on the same wavelength or maybe you are just stalking me but that first song on your list came on the radion at work today and i said that it is the creepiest song eva!

AMy said...

ok so i just read through my comment and i looks like i need to take a nap before i operate heavy machinery bc wow i don't even know what i was typing :(

Elizabeth Downie said...

Hahahah! You're funny Amy. I thought your first comment was funny! And it made perfect sense :) Oh, and yes, I am stalking you. All these songs just put me in the right mindset for a good stalking. ;)

Katherine said...

Hungry eyes really creeps me out, but "Every Breath You Take" is creepiest. I keep feeling like someone is watching me right now. Thanks a lot!

k nelle said...

This is so great! The stalker song I immediately thought of was Invisible by Clay Aiken. That one creeped me out from its release!
Escape from Enrique is harmless. (He does let the stalked one off the hook "if you feel like leaving, I'm not going to make you stay" but it might have been his producers that put that one in there for positive PR.)

Polly Anna said...

I know i'm prolly gonna get a lot of hate for saying this, but after seeing the Twlight movie, I thouhgt it was a stalker movie. Esp. the way Edward watched her while she slept. I haven't read the book yet so maybe the movie just made him seem that way, but I definitly thought Edward was obessive over Bella. It was creepy.

Elizabeth Downie said...

Polly, we told you you should read the books!!! No hating on Twilight alloweed on this blog!!

EFN Newsletter said...

Every breath you take has to win, but as far as single phrases go, "hungry eyes" is sicko.

Angie Cheney said...

Thank you for protecting Twilight Elizabeth, I was afraid I couldn't stalk your blog anymore!

Maybe it was Richard Marx's "Right Here Waiting' as the 4th best....

Whereever you go, Whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you....nah, I think it's pretty lovey dovey rather than crazy stalker.

Unknown said...

Right Here Waiting is my most favorite song EVER! Hehe.