Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

C-c-c-c-c-c-c-oooold!

Alright guys, no joke - I need a Slanket in a major way. Not only is it freezing outside, but my office is almost as cold as the great outdoors! I glanced over at Justin earlier, and saw this sight (as pictured). We're all working in our scarves, coats, and hats and occasionally warming our hands over the space heater. Due to some construction over the weekend, the doors to our building were left wide open and it's f-f-f-f-freezing in here. My fingers are almost too frozen to type. But I'll power through. Just for you.

It's slightly warmer outside than it was yesterday, when the wind chill got to -17, but it's still a bit much. I just checked the weather and saw this:

Light Snow
9°F
Feels Like
-7°F

What do you do to stay warm in this weather? Maybe I should buy some of those disposable heating pads and just cover myself with them? Other options I've considered are:

  • Run up and down the stairs over and over in 15 minute intervals.
  • Adopt a baby panda and cuddle it all day. (I wonder if it would sit still on my lap while I was working?)
  • Listen to Shooby Taylor until I'm laughing so hard I forget how cold I am. I know some of you are trying to forget about Shooby Taylor, but I can't allow that.
  • Stay in bed under the covers all day (sadly, not really an option).
  • Drink hot chocolate till it comes out my pores.
  • Give up and build an igloo to live in for the rest of the winter.
  • Get one of these (Thank Kathy for this one):



Until the heating is back on in here, I'm going to have to do one of these. I'm leaning towards the adopt a panda bear option. It's the most practical, and let's be honest, the most adorable of all the options. If you think of any others, let me know!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Justin could be nice and share his Wii. We would definitely stay warm if we have a tennis tournament.

Anonymous said...

you DON'T want to play me in tennis. Trust me. I am that good.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, if you adopt a Panda and let me cuddle it sometimes, I promise to build an igloo to share. Or I could bring in a giant metal barrel that we could build a fire in. Just let me know.

Elizabeth Downie said...

Sure, we can share the panda (I'm naming him Mathy), but only if you do the metal barrel fire. I can't think of anything cozier than that.

Katherine said...

Can I Panda-sit Mathy sometimes? But only until he's the same size as me...then it might get tricky. And Elizabeth, please stop singing Shooby Taylor songs...it's creepin me out!

Anonymous said...

Ok, it's as cold here in Colorado, and my only survival mechanism is layers. As in, I wore 5 layers of pant-like articles of clothing, and another 5 or 6 on top. I felt constricted, but warm as a baby panda! Oh, and I had on a helmet, which is awesome for holding in your body heat, but maybe not very practical in the office environment. :)