Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2008

I think I like it

So, yesterday was my one week anniversary of blogging, and obviously, I've taken to it. I don't know why I ever doubted I would - I guess I forgot how much I like the sound of my own voice (or the sight of my own words, as the case may be). It reminds me of something I read in an Archie comic when I was a kid and for some reason it stuck with me. It's a quote from Reggie:

"I love me,
I think I'm grand.
When I'm with me,
I hold my hand."

I'm kidding, I'm really not that vain. It just sounds that way. And looks that way. ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i need to remember to hold my own hand again! maybe it'll get me through this darkness called...drat, I don't even have a name for this mirk I'm floating in!

alecia said...

yay for blogging! i look forward to the future posts!

Katherine said...

Oh, Reggie Mantel! What a narcissistic maroon!

Katherine said...

P.S. Love the blog!

Anonymous said...

The first book I read of Anne Lamott was called, "Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith" That's a perfect one start with.

she's also a novelest and I'm currently reading: "Grace (Eventually)" I'd read this one though after you're familiar w/ her style!

EFN Newsletter said...

It reminds me of when we were 12 and going to be away from each other for the summer so you suggested we keep journals and give them to each other at the end of the summer. I kept a journal and you kept a... memoir/scrapbook. And you had the nerve to say you wanted to keep yours. You haven't changed one bit.