Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday Thoughts

While on my vacation last week, the back light burned out on my iphone. Because of that, I had to use a flashlight to see the screen, which was awesome, as you can imagine. Classy. So on my way home from "up north" (as we call it here), I stopped at the at&t store to get a new phone. Nearly two hours later I left the store, exhausted but relieved.

Here's where I went wrong:

Clerk: What kind of phone do you want? Another iPhone?
Me: Yes.
Clerk: Can I show you something else?

Me: Sure. <--- That's where I went wrong.

After the clerk showed me two different androids:

Me: So is one of these better than the other?
Clerk: Well, they're just different. One's a Sith, and one's a Jedi.
Me: Um....
Clerk: It's from Star Wars.
Me: I get that but what's the difference between the two?
Clerk: Never mind.

After I almost agreed to getting an android:

Clerk: You've come to the dark side.

Me: Is that a good thing? What happens to those who go to the dark side?
Clerk: I mean, they die in the end. But, um.... not in this analogy. <--- That's where he went wrong.

In the end I left with a new iPhone, which is what I wanted in the first place. I have nothing against androids, but I like my iPhone and I'm a creature of habit. I've been messing with Siri a little bit, though I don't find her nearly as helpful as the lonely celebrities in the commercials seem to. After I asked her for some local places that serve tomato soup, I moved on to more difficult questions. Here are those questions along with her responses:




For the record, I do believe that God exists, but I wanted to see what Siri would say. What other questions should I ask "her"?

Happy Wednesday.

4 comments:

violet50 said...

How about "Should I have gotten an android phone?"

Katherine said...

Ha! I like to read of your adventures at the AT&T store! That salesman was such a nerd! :D

Breeze said...

oh siri ;] "how much wood could a woodchuck chuck......" or tell her "I need to hide a body" She's the best!

Liz Hughes said...

Ask her where you should go to meet men.