Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wednesday Thoughts

Wednesday Thoughts.... Wednesday Thoughts.....

I'm trying to figure out what my thoughts are this morning and it turns out I don't have many. Or I have too many...I'm not sure which it is.

One thing I know for sure is that I'm achy! Last week, I went on a nice long bike ride with Sarah and Katherine. While on this bike ride, Sarah informed Katherine and me that she was going to run some races this summer and that she'd chosen us to run them with her. We both just laughed in response to this, because neither of us are runners.

But later I started thinking about it, wondering if I could become a runner...? So I decided to give it a go, and this week I started the "Couch to 5K" program. So far, so good! Sarah, ever the optimist, is already trying to get me to sign up for a half marathon in June. While I appreciate her enthusiasm, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around running a mile, let alone a million miles (pretty sure that's how many miles are in a half marathon). Sarah tried to encourage me by saying we could totally run 13 miles in under six hours, but she may as well have said, "we can totally run across the United States in less than 2 years" because that's how long the half marathon sounds to my non-runner's brain.

If any of you have any advice on the best running shoes, by the way, I'd love to hear it! Also, have any of you tried the Couch to 5K program?

In other thoughts, I'd thought I'd share a couple funny things with you today to get you through the midweek slump. The first is a pinterest find that I found hilarious!



Next, this video that my friend Jesse showed me yesterday. The more you watch it, the more you need to keep watching. You're going to think it's dumb at first, but then you're going to need to watch it again. You've been warned.


Happy Wednesday!

11 comments:

NOURNME said...

The running fit store in ann arbor. and that link didn't take me anywhere. AMERICA!

Mark Kennedy said...

You can DO IT!!! Honestly, if you work at it, you could TOTALLY do a half marathon! No joke(:

Elizabeth Downie said...

Adam, the link should be working now.

And Mark, Thanks! I will try...(gulp)!

Heather said...

I love my Mizuno shoes. And you can get on the website and answer some questions so they will reccomend the right model for you. (Or you can ignore their reccomendations and just get the cool looking ones like I did.)

After you rock the 5k you will realize you could really do a half marathon and not die. :)

Sarah said...

LOVE all the half-marathon support...seriously, I've never done more than a 5K, but I totally believe in us! (Plus, watch the movie "Run Fatboy Run"...I watch it before every triathlon I've ever done and it motivates me every time!!) :)

Sarah said...

PS: Love that you updated your side quotes! Nick was cracking me up last night..."When does a hill become a mountain?!!?" :)

karajean said...

I second the person who said watch "Run Fatboy Run" totally motivating. Also, I am NOT A RUNNER. Not even at all. But a couple of summers ago I trained for a half marathon. I dind't run it, but I did surprise myself with the fact that I went from being able to run for 15 seconds to being able to run without stopping for over an hour. If I can do that, you totally can. Good luck!

Julie- The Great Lakes Girl said...

You'll want to go to an actual running store and have them help you find the right shoes for you. I like Running Fit in Ann Arbor.

Katherine said...

You can DO it!!! Also, I LOVE that video!! It's the BEST!!!

k nelle said...

Hahaha! That video left me confused, but I think I'll have dreams of Heman break dancing in that orange room now. Thanks. Also, I've done the couch potato to 5k and I really liked it! It's great cause it doesn't make you think about mileage, only time, so that's kinda nice. P.S. you can move the days around and it works just as good, or in other words, i didn't follow it perfect and it still worked out. :)

Liz Hughes said...

I like the couch to 5k app. My only problem with it is you actually have to run. (Lazy girl problems).