Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wednesday Thoughts

This week started off with a bang! in the form of food poisoning. When was the last time you had food poisoning? Did you feel like death warmed over? Did you feel like you had been kicked in the gut by a mule the next day? Yeah, me too.*

I still haven't figured out where the food poisoning came from, but if I had died from it, my sister had strict orders to avenge me. Thankfully, it didn't come to that, and yesterday I was even able to enjoy a little time outdoors. The weather in Michigan this year is bizarro. It's already super warm - in the 80's! The trees are getting buds, the flowers are blooming, and the grass is already turning green. I'm certainly not complaining, but this is the strangest year ever. Maybe the Mayans were right....

Anyway, here are a few pictures I took yesterday.





I have a lot more to share with you, including a couple more stories from my vacation, but those are going to have to be put on hold until I start feeling less like a food poisoned human and more like a normal human again.

Oh! One more thing! The Hunger Games movie opens in two days! Who's in??

Happy Wednesday!

*I've never been kicked by a mule, but I'm pretty sure it feels something like this.

5 comments:

Wee Sisters Three said...

I'm in if anyone would call me back! Jim and I are coming but we need deets. Call me! :)

I'm sorry you had food poisening. I had it once and felt like death warmed over. It's a lot like being pregnant: Falling asleep on towels on the bathroom floor because you don't want to get too far from the toilet. lol.

This year has been wackadoo for sure. I was not prepared, and neither are the stores. I realized that I needed to get to planting seeds a few months early so I went to buy some stuff from the store and they didn't have much. They said what little they had in stock had been bought and they were rushing to get more in. The kids planted some wild flower seeds we had from last year and they are growing. I've kept them outside....in march....in the sun.. wackadoo, wackadoo.

E McL said...

Enjoying the fact that we're getting rain this spring almost NONE last year. Started cleaning the garden bed to prepare for veggies. I LOVE SPRING! I suppose food poisoning makes it the circle of life. Glad you're beginning to feel better.

Katherine said...

I love those pics! That army men one is so funny and such a great shot! The weather really is nuts, but I'm liking it! Beautiful!! Exclamation points!!!

SAC said...

Lol. I laughed my butt off over the army men picture. MAN DOWN!!

Liz Hughes said...

Global Warming! The end is nigh.