Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Arizona Adventures: Special Assignment

Monday I had a completely free afternoon and was looking for something fun to do! So my friend sent me an assignment:

1. Go to Bahama Bucks to get a shaved ice drink.
2. Go to the Mesa LDS temple with a blanket.
3. Put on sunscreen and sunglasses, lay on the blanket and soak in the sun.
4. Instagram pictures of the temple: a close up of a feature on the exterior of the temple, a cool feature somewhere on the grounds, a photo looking up from my lay out spot, and a self portrait.

It was the best assignment ever! I hung out on that blanket reading and daydreaming for hours. The air in Arizona smells like citrus - who knew Arizona was full of orange and lemon trees (besides everyone who lives there)!? And the weather was perfect on Monday - sunny and around 80 degrees. Here are some of the pictures I took while "on assignment":




I'm sorry you have to see my butt in this picture.


And that was my lovely, lazy, sunny afternoon - my last afteroon in Arizona (for now). And bonus: a couple hours into sunbathing, I took a half hour break to get some of the best Mexican food I've had in a long time for lunch. Tacos, horchata, rice, beans, sunshine....

Arizona, will you marry me? (Oh sorry, Michigan. I still love you too!)

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Ooooh, sounds like so much fun!! And I can't get the food out of my head - I think I need to get some soon... Beautiful pictures!!! Love 'em!!

Unknown said...

Where did you get the Mexican food? When are you moving here?!

Ryan @ TheSinglesWard said...

"Your mission, should you choose to accept it..." ;)

Glad you enjoyed it! Mission accomplished!

Liz Hughes said...

You need to spend your winters in Arizona and your summers in Michigan. You can swing that right?