Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Crafty

i wish i could make this!


This past weekend was one of the more relaxing weekends I've had in a long time. I hardly did anything, and it was wonderful. I went to my favorite restaurant, I re-taught myself how to crochet, I watched my favorite show on DVD, I went for walks, and I slept. A lot. I slept so much. I think I slept 11 or 12 hours Friday night, and at least 10 Saturday night, with the daylight savings boost. Who sleeps that much!? Not me! Not usually, anyway. But I did this weekend and it was awesome! Minus the weird dreams that are inevitable when sleeping that long.

I blame it on the weather, which is cooling off a lot. I think I'm going into hibernation mode, where I spend much less time outside, want to sleep a bit more, and have a deeper desire to do crafts and learn to sew. I always go into craft and create mode when the seasons shift. It's relaxing, therapeutic, and a good way to avoid the impending cold weather.

Pinterest is only feeding my increasing obsession too. I browse Pinterest for ten minutes and suddenly I need to order a lucet, and I need to learn to knit (anyone want to teach me?); I need to get coupons for JoAnn's, and stock up on yarn. Once a year I become a pioneer woman, except without the skill level of a true pioneer woman in any area.

What I'm trying to say is, if you'd like a poorly made gift for Christmas, I'm your gal. Want a funky scarf? You got it. A home made bracelet? I'm all over it! An imperfect blanket? Got it. Just know that your mind won't be blown when I tell you I just learned to sew/knit/use a lucet this year when you get your present.

Any requests??

7 comments:

Angela said...

I'd wear some squirrelly earrings or a bracelet from you all the time.

Savd said...

I always love what you make, so put me on the waiting list!! :)

violet50 said...

As long as the hat/scarf is warm it doesn't have to be perfect!

Erin Gong said...

[from pictured item] I would also love to have a hand crafted blindfold.

Sara said...

I'll teach you to knit as long as you don't buy your yarn at Joanne's. ;)

Elizabeth Downie said...

Haha, Erin, your comment made me laugh!

And Sara, that would be great if you could teach me how to knit!!! I was hoping you'd volunteer. You'll have to tell me where to pick up some better yarn. ;)

Katherine said...

Hee hee!! I'll take a slightly wonky blue scarf, as long as it's wool-free! Also, thanks to you, I now want a lucet, too. That thing looks cool!