Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend Update

My weekend can be described in two words: low & key. Just like I wanted it. I couldn't motivate myself to go out much. February is truly sucking my will to live this year. (Only four more days.....!)

This weekend, I:

Made things. I made dipped marshmallows, hot chocolate mix (from scratch - not pictured), creamy white chili, yummy tacos, and crayons. The last one is not edible, just to be perfectly clear.


I also made some Girl Scout cookies. It was a huge project, and took a whole evening. Here's a link if you want to try them yourself. They are super yummy!



I got lots of canine lovin'. I'm staying with Daisy now and she is such a sweetie. I also visited my aunt and uncle's dog, Scooter. SUCH a cutie!!


Besides those things, I watched the Oscars, spent a little time with friends and family, and read. I'm reading The Shining because I've never read any Stephen King, and I've always heard it was really good and scary. I'm about a third of the way through and so far I'm not too scared. Except that last night as I was laying in bed reading, I noticed a light on the other side of the room - where was it coming from? Without getting out of bed I tried to find the source and realized the light was on in a closet I had forgotten about. How did the light get turned on?? Who turned it on? If I had to place any bets, I'd say The Shining turned it on but there's really no way of knowing. So I just turned it off and went back to bed. No ghosts got me in the night (that I know of).

It was a good, relaxing weekend, ghosts aside. What's the scariest book you've ever read?

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Sounds awesome!! And those samoas were soooooo good!! Scariest book I've ever read? Hmm... House of the Seven Gables is creepy, but not scary so much. Maybe Kristy and the Haunted Mansion? (You know what I'm talking about...)