1. I visited my grandma. She has a bird cage in her lobby now, so both before and after our visit, we looked at the birds for awhile. I somehow became mesmerized with them. I'll be honest, I'm just not that into birds typically. Sometimes they're pleasant or make pretty songs, but I would never want to touch one. I feel like they're teeming with disease. All of them. But somehow, these birds charmed me. To the point where I even took a picture of one. I mean, why!? Would I ever look at it again? But it wasn't a waste because here it is. Yes, I'm posting a picture of a bird. I don't even know myself anymore.
Anyway, my visit with my grandma was great. She doesn't understand how all men who know me aren't in love with me. I'm grateful I have someone like that in my life. Everyone needs a cheerleader.
2. I took my niece on an aunt date. Because my aunt dates are one-on-one (for ultimate bonding), my sister, Katherine, took the other two kids out to the art museum while Samantha and I went skating (see previous post for video). Then we all met up for lunch. I asked my nephew how he liked the art museum and he said, "It was good. we saw a Monet with a silent 'T.'" During lunch, I entertained the kids with "would you rather" questions. I wish I had a video of that because my 6-year old nephew was dying laughing. Here are some sample questions:
Would you rather have big fish coming out of your ears all day, or minnows coming out of your nose all day?
Would you rather have your head and butt switch places, or your arms coming out of your head?
Would you rather sleep in a bed with a snake, or put a raccoon's paw in your mouth?
Would you rather go bald, or grow a beard (funnier if you're a 6 year old boy or a little girl)?
Here are a few pictures from ice skating and one from lunch:
3. Also this weekend, I made a polkadot cake. Check this out and be amazed (yes, of course I stole the idea from Pinterest):
4. And I went to a going away party for a really good friend who's moving. Sad!
5. I spent quite a bit of time making handouts for the girls going to camp this summer:
All in all, it was a wonderful weekend. How about you?