Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wednesday Thoughts

Thanksgiving prep day! They let us leave work two hours early today, and it has been a glorious afternoon. I made an apple pie (which is in the oven baking right now), and some delicious chocolate and peppermint cookies (click on the names for the recipes). And in between that, I worked on some hair clips I'm making for my nieces for Christmas. I'm in full on holiday mode, which is my favorite mode. 

Today I thought I'd give you all a special gift: the recipe for my family's favorite reserved-for-holidays dessert. It's called Oreo Delight but we often refer to it as just "Delight." As in, "is it time for Delight yet?" "Have they cut the Delight?" "Hurry and get me a piece of the Delight before it's all gone!"

Oreo Delight

Ingredients:

1 bag of Oreo's (or Oreo like cookie)
3/4 cups melted butter
(2) 8 oz containers of Cool Whip
8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
1 large package of instant chocolate pudding

Step 1: Crush the Oreo's in whatever manner you prefer. Combine with melted butter. Pat into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Let set for 20 mins in refrigerator or freezer.

Step 2: While that is cooling, combine one container of Cool Whip with cream cheese. Spread onto cookie crust.

Step 3: Make chocolate pudding. Spread onto cream cheese and Cool Whip layer.

Step 4: Top with second container of Cool Whip. 

Step 5: Serve as is or sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles or some crushed Oreo's.

Step 6: Watch your family love you SO much more than they did before. 

You now have the recipe for the most popular dessert in my family!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!



Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

violet50 said...

Ah, Oreo Delight! I love it as much as I love Turkey-gravy-potatoes-stuffing-more gravy. I'm going to try to be moderate tomorrow but don't hold me to it.

Katherine said...

I told Mom yesterday that I have to make sure I score a piece of Delight even if I'm not hungry right after eating so I don't miss out. It goes so fast!! And thanks for the Prancing Leo autumn pic - SO good!!!

karajean said...

Ah, it's been far too long since prancing Leo graced your blog. Glad to see he's back.

Wee Sisters Three said...

I think you may have just given out to much information. It should started : I will give you this recipe, but then I have to K.I.L.L you. (I didn't want to actually say it in case this is being monitored). Oh, delight. I dream about you. Mom, please make some for Christmas.