Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wednesday Thoughts

I'm home, sick today. I have a cold or something. The extra bad news is I made some candies last night for a work party today and now I want to eat EVERY SINGLE ONE. You guys! This candy! It's so freaking good! Here's a link to the recipe if you're in the mood to torture yourself with deliciousness. Or you want to win the heart of someone (it would work for me).



Meanwhile, I'm staying home today, resting. This week I'm staying with my aunt and uncle's dog, Ernie, so he'll be keeping me company today. He amuses me so much. He's so adorable. I just can't help but share with you all the many faces of Ernie:


Anyway, I'm off to rest and watch something on Netflix (Murder, She Wrote? 30 Rock? Any suggestions?) and try to get over this dang cold. (Pardon my French.)

Happy Wednesday.

6 comments:

Katherine said...

Those candies look sooooo good! Um...save me one? ;) And Ernie is so dang cute!! (Pardon my French...) ;) I knew he had good taste in TV. He's my favorite dog! There, I said it. (2nd in line is Snoopy.) (Yes, the cartoon dog. I like a dog that's also a mystery writer/fighter pilot/philosopher.)

Furry Bottoms said...

Watch Downton Abbey on netflix!

Ernie really is cute. But I am proud to say that... my dogs don't push their way into the bathroom anymore. They now think that if they do that, it means they go in the bath tub.

It works for us all, really.

Mark said...

You made those little chocolate bombs last night? While you were coming down with a cold? While you were most contagious?

It would be irresponsible to offer a single bite to another person, knowing that you might pass your illness on to them. You should dispose of every one!

Ask your grandma if chocolate is a remedy for a cold. I'm sure if you explain the situation, she'll agree.

Elizabeth Downie said...

Thanks for the advice, Mark! If I must eat every last one, I must. ;)

violet50 said...

Adorable pictures of Earnhardt! My only question is: Did he help solve the case? Watching Curious George today with grand-kids has convinced me that we underestimate animal brain power. George made a picture of himself with colored sand and glue. Just wanted to mention this... When Ernie barks, it could mean it's the KILLER!

Liz Hughes said...

How did you get a picture of the dog looking in on you while you were in the bathroom? Do you take a camera into the bathroom with you?
Netflix; I just finished the first two seasons of an amazing show that I have to recommend it to you. It's called The Walking Dead. It's prime time drama with (wait for it) zombies. I know your not that into scary shows but you should make an exception for this show. Totally worth all the nightmares you will most likely end up having.