Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Rainy Day Thoughts

Today is day two of my vacation, and day two of being super sick! Yay! But even though today was dark, rainy, stormy, and sick-y, it had its nice moments.



1. After running errands for a couple hours this afternoon, getting in and out of my car multiple times during a downpour, I was soaked. My shoes felt like they were filled with water. It was miserable. As soon as I got home, I changed into warm dry clothes and cozy warm socks. Heaven.

2. While I was running errands, I saw a license plate that said, "IBELVNU." (I believe in you.) I found it very inspiring and sweet. Who doesn't need to hear that?

3. I spent quite a bit of time today reading which is pretty much the best way to spend a sick, rainy day, don't you think? I'm loving I Captured the Castle so far!

4. I briefly got to visit with my niece and nephew, which always makes me happy. They put on quite a show for me, doing somersaults, jumping jacks, half flips, and much more, each time saying, "A-beth, watch this!" or "Salibis, did you see that?" And my nephew announced to my sister (his mom) that, "Salibis's favorite holidays are Christmas and summer!" I don't know where he came up with that, but I loved it.

5. I started antibiotics today so things are looking up! Healthy Memorial Day weekend, here I come!

6. Is there anything more decadent than falling asleep whenever you want? I love naps.

What made you happy today?

9 comments:

Katherine said...

I really like that license plate! Way to inspire others, random driver! :) Sounds like fun with the kiddlywinks - so cute! I love those little guys! I also took a nap today, which was delicious!! I also wrote a comment with lots of exclamation points! ;) I hope you feel better soon!!

Vaughn said...

maybe the license plate was I Believe in New..... Just thought I would throw it out there. Feel free to stone me at will.

Eric said...

I love taking naps too, and today took one between patients. but here it's because it was 97 outside (oppressively hot) and I loved that our air conditioning is working the way it should and haddn't for 3 years... and mostly my favorite was taking a nap. but now it's almost one the next morning and I cant sleep... but I love naps.... sigh... can't wait for my next one....

Heather said...

Naps are heavenly.
My favorite part of the day was when I opted to sleep an extra hour and a half this morning instead of work out!!

I hope you feel better soon!

Brian said...

No, you and Vaughn are both wrong. The correct way to parse the license plate is "I Belv., ´n U?" Which roughly translated means, "I love Mr. Belvedere - how about you?"

Get better! Se cuida, viu?

Sarah said...

Ok, that version of the license plate is cracking me up!! :)

Mark said...

IBELVNU as long as U are behind me, following my lead, and breathing my exhaust. If you pass me by, all you will see is UNVLEBI in your rear view mirror.

Maybe all this wet weather is making me cynical.

E McL said...

Salibis you make me very happy. Hope you're feeling well soon and enjoy the remainder of your vacation! Sending thoughts of Sugar cookies, and random notes from mission days.

Martha said...

My favorite part of sick days is getting a chance to read :). Also my favorite part of airplane rides! Hence I am finally making headway in "I Capture the Castle" myself this weekend (airplane) and I'm loving it too! Get better Elizabeth!