Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday Thoughts

I find myself from time to time feeling very passionately about things that, honestly, I know don't really matter. But every now and then it just feels crucial to make a decision on these things, even though no one but myself really cares. Actually, that's not true. Some of you care - I know this because I've talked to some of you about these things.

I thought it would be a good idea (or should I just say "an idea"?) to get these out there. If you think I chose wrongly in some of these debates, I'd be happy to hear your argument.

The Great Debates:

Who was the best boyfriend for Rory on Gilmore Girls?

1. Dean (by far the best, in my opinion! Love Dean! But I hate when he cheated on his wife...)
2. Jess (hot, but no good for Rory, and a punk to Lorelei.)
3. Logan (booooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!)

Mac vs. PC

I don't know which computer is better, but I know which group thinks they're better.

Who's the funniest character on Arrested Development?

This is a really hard one. I think this is where I've landed on this one:

Funniest: G.O.B.
2nd place: Tobias

But I can never decide between those two. And sometimes either Gangy or Buster try to move up into the top spot. Any opinions?

Which is freakier: claymation or optical illusions?

Conclusion: They're both terrifying.

9 comments:

Christi said...

The only one I really have an opinion on is Rory's best boyfriend. I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. Yes, Jess was an immature jerk in high school, but they had by far the best connection. And by the end of the series he had really grown up and could have been good for her, but she kept going back to Logan,I still have no idea why he was written into the show at all. Rory and Dean had nothing in common.

I hope we can still be friends.

Also, what is your opinion on the 'Which Golden Girl are you?' Facebook quiz? Is it better to be Rose (stupid) or Blanche (slut)?

Kathy said...

It's no contest who was best for Rory. Dean was SO whiny. And his hair! And don't get me started about the infidelity. I did find Logan to be semi-charming at times, but thumbs down to him too. Jess comes out on top. They had a connection as kids and adults. I heard they're married now and have twins. So sweet!

I can't believe you're opening the Mac vs. PC debate again.....Prepare for some emotions to run high.

Elizabeth Downie said...

Ok, I agree that later in life, Jess is better for her, and I agree that later Dean isn't good. But I think that while they're dating, Dean is better for her. Especially at the beginning.

Christi, I tested to be Rose and I was content with that. I'd rather be dumb than a slut. lol

justin said...

Dean and Mac. I don't need to explain myself. The answers are obvious. I bet Dean uses a Mac. Rory and Lorelei did. I think I saw Jess using an HP.

Chris Willie Williams said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure G.O.B. takes the blue ribbon, brilliant as the entire cast is.

"BEES?!"

Also, I thought you would be interested to know that the word verification code I'm being made to enter below this comment is "fingies." It's kind of adorable.

The Leo said...

No contest, Mac for sure. We think we're better only because we are.

David and Linda said...

Dean, Mac, G.O.B., and claymation. I find optical illusions intriguing.

sterlingandbrandi said...

I can't really ever decide who I like the most on Arrested Development. I think Gob - but Buster and Gangy are hilarious every single scene they pop into. No comment on the other great debates.

AMy said...

oh tobias is the best...but i have only just started watching the series. quite frankly, they are all pretty hillarious!