Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Illness

Being sick just straight up ticks me off. I get mad at my body, wondering why it's betraying me. I feel powerless and irritated. Near the end of last week, I felt an illness coming on but I thought that by ignoring it, it would go away. I have already been sick several times in the past six months and didn't want to "let it" happen again.

On Friday night, my sister, Katherine, came over to decorate Easter eggs with me. By the end of the evening I had the chills so bad I couldn't warm up or stop shaking, and I was moaning from my body aches. Lucky Katherine for getting to spend the evening with me, right? Here are some pictures from that evening:

Katherine
Maybe I'm obsessed with googly eyes?

The dyes in vinegar. Katherine was getting these ready while I lie on the floor.
Our finished eggs!
After Katherine left, I took a hot bath in an attempt to warm up. It didn't work. So I found every blanket I could and that eventually warmed me up. The next day my attempts to ignore the situation were really starting to fail, and by Sunday morning, I went to urgent care. There, I was loaded up with antibiotics, steroids, and cough medicine - the good kind.

I was so sad because I didn't want to miss Easter dinner or the Peep diorama competition! I decided I would go for just a bit and not breath on anyone, which is what I did. I even made a Peep diorama, though I left before the voting, and to be honest, it was not my best work. I had zero energy and was feverish.

But enough about that. Here are the dioramas! Mine is the first one. It's a Pope Peep:


Peep Madness! By Barry and Dana (mostly Dana)
My aunt and Dana
My aunt and uncle's diorama  - I love this one!!

Katherine's "Peepunzel" in progress. I had to leave before it was done. :(
The winning diorama - I wasn't there to see this one either!
This is what it looks like when you look through the peep holes
2/3 doggies in attendance
Even though my Easter was a bust, health wise, I'm grateful I was able to be with family (both of the human and canine variety) and to think about the reason  for the holiday.

Today I am pumped full of medicine and am feeling a lot better. Thank goodness for medicine, doctors willing to work on holidays, and prayer! Not to mention family, especially my sister Katherine, who picked me up and drove me to Urgent Care. I was (and am) so grateful!

2 comments:

violet50 said...

I think all of the peep dioramas were very original and fun this year! And this is definitely the first year that the dog/grandchild ratio was 3/0. And I didn't even bring them treats. The food was good and the company was great. I'm glad you're feeling better! Onward and upward into April.

Katherine said...

Aw, I'm glad I could be there to help!! The dioramas were awesome, as usual! Hope you feel better soon!