In my defense, all of these vacations have been in Michigan, so it's not like I've been spending tons of money flying all over the place. But I will admit to being very lucky to be able to visit so many beautiful places.
I thought I'd share with you ten (ish) pictures from the past month or so of trips. The message these pictures send is: Michigan is beautiful. You should come visit. :)
1. Sunset over Lake Michigan, Ludington
This picture is not doctored at all. This cloud formation was the northern most part of Hurricane Isaac on Saturday. The sunset was so beautiful it almost made me mad. (Does that make sense?) People were pulling their cars over as fast as they could to get out and gawk at the sunset. It was truly breathtaking.
2. A beautiful road in northern Michigan
3. A waterfall in Rogers City (one of many)
4. Tahquamenon Falls, Upper Peninsula
5. White Fish Point (Lake Superior), U.P.
6. Mackinac Island
7. Lake Huron, Rogers City (Katherine posing)
9. Dune buggy ride, Mears, Michigan. This was SO fun!
10. This is a view of the Upper Peninsula from the look-out point at Castle Rock. I'd love to see this view in the fall! The leaves have already started to change in northern Michigan, and it's so pretty.
So there you have it - a little sampling of some places I've been in the past month. It's so nice to have such a beautiful state to travel around. Can you blame me for being gone most weekends in the summer?