Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Wednesday Thoughts

I started Wednesday Thoughts yesterday and this gif was literally all I got done. It's from the Woody Allen movie "take the money and run" which I have never seen. But this gif completes my life. I could watch it all day.


Last night I was at a youth activity at the bowling alley. Two of the girls I work with were sitting at a table together talking very conspiratorially. I leaned in and whispered, "so what's the scoop?" They said, "we're just talking about how even though we're the smallest tuba players we're also the loudest. Stupid Josh. Stupid Holden." I just said, "I know - I'm sick of them playing so quietly! Ugh!!!"

Band problems.

 (Also, how cool is it that there's a kid in their band named Holden!? Catcher in the Rye for life. Love that book.)

When I was in high school, I played the trombone. For a long time, there were only three of us "bones" in the band together (there were more in marching band but they were in different school bands). The three of us got along great - Carey, Brian, and me. But somehow, Brian knocked the music stand over all the time. And it was always an accident! He wasn't doing it to be funny! The music would go everywhere and he'd scramble to pick it up while Carey and I just sat there wondering how this happened all the time.

Gosh. Life was hard back then.

I am total juggle mode right now in life. I have to conduct a class at a women's conference this weekend (which I am looking forward to but it's still a lot of work), I have to attend a youth activity tomorrow evening, I have to make a Minecraft cake for my nephew's birthday party on Saturday, and gosh... so much more. I can't even get into it.

I know though that this is just a busy period. In just a few short days, things will settle down and I'll only have a few light balls in the air instead of a bunch of heavy ones. I'm not too worried about it.

I had a dream last night about plunging a toilet. What does it mean!?

Happy Weds, er.... Thursday.

4 comments:

Jesse Davis said...

That dream means you need to come to California and clean my toilet, Lizbeth. You can even ask Vaughn if that's what it means.

violet50 said...

Funny! I never saw that Woody Allen movie. And then after the busy but fun Saturday, is Mother's Day!

Katherine said...

That clip is awesome! Like I said to you, I think the dream is about cleaning all of the crap out of your life. Spring cleaning!!

)en said...

I am mesmerized by this video.