Sunday evening I was looking for a way to relax and take my mind off things. I thought maybe I'd watch tv or Netflix for awhile. The first thing I browsed that looked good was "The People VS OJ Simpson." I decided that wouldn't be the best way to decompress so I instead started a movie about the Japanese tsunami. About three seconds into that, I remembered that I was trying to find some peace for my mind so I turned it off and read a book. The Girl on the Train - which was 100% not relaxing to read (but it was pretty good).
I'm not doing very well with self-care but I know I need to work on it. Here's a little brain storm:
- Baths - (these are supposed to be relaxing, right? I'm not sure I buy it but I might try)
- More humor, less fighting
- Read books that don't fill me with anxiety (my friend suggested a book about ants - her dad's favorite book. That or War and Peace.)
- Get a boyfriend (in brainstorming, there are no wrong answers)
- Get a dog
- Wait, I'm stuck on get a dog.... Should I?
What I'm trying to say is, I'm just a real delight to be around right now. But I want to go from this:
I feel better already.