Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Wednesday Thoughts

I woke up in an oddly good mood today. I felt free and happy. Maybe it had something to do with election day - who knows. I'm going to make today's Wednesday Thoughts about the good, the bad, and the ugly. Ready?

The Good:
  • Daylight savings started - my friends with kids are suffering because of this, so I feel bad for them. But I love the brighter, lighter mornings. Plus that extra hour of sleep on Sunday was sa-weet.
  • Like many of you, I voted yesterday. I love voting - it makes me feel all excited and alive. Do you know what I mean? Here's a picture of me with my sticker from snapchat. I look like a friggin idiot because it's a selfie and selfie's are so embarrassing. I'll make it real small so you can scroll by it fast.


  • Two of the proposals we Michiganders voted on were about wolves. Pretty cool. I would love to know some unique things other states voted on!
  • I carved a pumpkin on Halloween using a star cookie cutter (an idea I no doubt got from Pinterest) and it worked! The cookie cutter did not survive though. All the hammering rendered it bent beyond recognition.


The Bad:
  • It snowed on Halloween. Such a bummer for the kids! And for me. I had to open the door to hand out candy. The struggle was real.
  • It's cold and flu season. I heard a coworker sneeze this morning and I almost lost it.


  • I took a picture of the building where I work and sent it to a friend. His response was, "it looks like an insane asylum." What do you think?


The Ugly:

  • Winter is coming. A house down the block always puts up an ice skating rink every winter and when I walked by this morning, they'd cleared the space for it. For ice. FOR WINTER! But here's the thing: I am determined to enjoy winter this year. We'll see if I can do it. I have a plan. More to come.
Happy Wednesday! 

2 comments:

Frannie said...

Whatever your plan is for surviving winter, I'm heartily on board! (I'm thinking lots of craft nights and "I Love Lucy", too!) :)

violet50 said...

I love voting, too! I don't want to say what I think of your building. It's better for you. Let's not think of the haunted bomb shelter. Winter can be fun. With enough chocolatey hot chocolate I can get through anything. Let it snow?