Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

Spring!

What the what? I haven't blogged since March 2nd? I swear I have never neglected this blog like I have in the last six months or so. I know why - it's because I've been stressed. When I'm really stressed, I have a hard time finding lighter things to blog about. I'm able to be calm in my day to day life, but when I start digging deeper, it ends up something like this:


So I end up shutting down the browser with my blog on it and going back to what I was previously doing.

But now that spring is here, I'm feeling like I can peek out from my hole like that evil Punxutawney Phil, and maybe clear my head a little bit. We all hate Punxutawney Phil, right? Just want to make sure we're all on the same page with that.

I've been working a lot in the last few months on ways to relieve stress. Here are some of the things that work best for me:

1. Crafting. A friend told me recently that people who craft more live longer - that crafting puts you in a meditative state. Obviously that depends on the kind of crafting you're doing, but I can definitely state that when I'm in the crafting zone, it really is like meditating.

2. The occasional massage. My work offers seated massage for a discounted price twice a month and you better believe I take advantage of that. The massage therapist, Grace, is amazing. Picture this:



Except even better. (Here's a link to her website if you're looking for an amazing massage therapist.)

3. Farmers Market. Every Saturday for the past couple months, I've been selling baked goods and small crafts at the local indoor farmers market. I LOVE it. It's been so fun to not only try out new recipes and share them with others, but the thing I love the most is the social aspect. Friends and family have come by to support me and I've loved seeing them and catching up. I also love meeting new people at the market. It's been a blast and helps pull me out of the winter yucks. And fingers crossed, I'll be able to get a spot at the summer market and the fun will continue!

4. Keeping very, very busy. Every night when I get home from work, I have at least two projects I have to work on. It hasn't been great for my social life, but it is nice to be busy. It's my preferred state of being.

Well, I'm getting bored reflecting on myself. I'm sure you are getting bored too. I'm making no commitments to blog more often but I sure hope I will. I miss interacting with you all! Because goshdarnit, you guys are pretty a-ok. One more gif for the road:

Please tell me you're watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt!

2 comments:

violet50 said...

I think we can all break out of the winter blahs now. Thanks for the Kimmy gif! Her enthusiasm is contagious. :)

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Amen to all of this. I keep thinking "it's been forever- I need to write", but then can't think of anything say. Dumb. It's all dumb. The only antidote is coming and buying you out at the Farmers Market. Your BEAUTIFUL treats would no doubt be an endless source of inspiration!