Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Girls Camp Prep

This morning I sent a packing list to the girls from church who are going to camp next week - it included things like, "bug spray, swimsuit, soap, shampoo, two towels, etc..." My personal list, however, is a bit longer. I checked several items off when I hopped on Amazon this morning:


While camping with friends a couple summers ago, my sister had us fill out some Mad Libs. Of course, we offered mature words to fill in the blanks like: senator, apartheid, Shakespeare, and Benghazi.

I'm kidding of course. This was our best Mad Lib sentence:


TOTALLY WORKS! We died laughing. I'm sure our tent sounded like a loony bin from the outside.

My theory on life is this: If you can have fun, do. Of course, not every situation is meant to be fun. But girls camp is definitely a place for fun!

What are some things that make camping fun for you?? (Besides being one with nature, blah blah blah.)

Oh, also, if you go camping in Michigan, watch out for the Dog Man.

Totally real.
He's been spotted several times which means he's gotta be real. And how do I know he's a he? Because dogs are boys and cats are girls. Oh gosh, I just realized it'd be such a missed opportunity if I didn't make a couple of black cardboard cutouts of the Dog Man to tape to the outside of windows at night......

I have a lot to do to get ready for camp.

3 comments:

violet50 said...

First of all, let me say unequivocally that I'm glad I won't be there. Too much fun for me. But really, the kids are going to have so much fun and not worry if their elbows are on the table or if their songs are being creepily misinterpreted. You're a fun girls' camp leader. They're lucky to have you!

Nancy Face said...

Oh my gosh, I can't stop cracking up at the fake chunky dog doo! And I totally hopped right over to Amazon and ordered one to take to Girls' Camp with me! Pretty fitting for the lady in charge of bathroom cleaning, muahaha! >:D

Katherine said...

Hee hee heeeeeeee!!! "Because dogs are boys and cats are girls." So good. I do hope that those fake poos somehow get left behind at girls' camp. I shudder to think what you could do with those on a day-to-day basis. ;) The girls really are lucky to have you! :)